1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just picked up a 05 2500HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by oldsw-31, Dec 12, 2005.

1. oldsw-31

oldsw-31 Member
    from mass

I Just picked up a 05 2500HD and I plan on putting on my MM2 system off my 89 F250. I know I need to get the new 7169 push plates and do you know good place to get them as far as pricing? I also need to get 27780 lighting kit. I was told I couldnt use the 8436 kit I got on the truck. I was planning on buying just the 2 headlight harnesses. I guess the module is different.

Any issues or concerns with putting this plow on this truck?

also any pics ,tips as to where you mounted the solenoid and module?

2. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Congrats on the new Chevy! I would go right to the Fisher web site and find out every thing you need for the Chevy including part numbers then search here and ebay for them. If you go to a dealer it might cost you $500-$700 for everything.

3. Where are you?

Don't know where you are in Mass., but there's J.C. Madigan in Harvard, MA right off 495, or Brake and Clutch in Salem, MA and a bunch of places just over the NH border near 95, 16, and 1. You can go to Fisher's website and locate a dealer near you. Good luck.

4. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

I found the push plates used and all other truck side stuff new for a fair price from http://www.snowplowsales.com/ in NH. Shipping was fast and very fairly priced and they were great to deal with. you need the ISO module w/ the green label.. part #27780 is the whole kit(harness,module,etc). i forget the actual part# for just the module, but, it has a green label on it.
    no problems putting on your truck. i have a V on my 05.
    Heres some install pics that may help you.. please excuse the dirty truck. the roads were a mess..

DSC00410s.JPG

DSC00412s.JPG

5. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

Hide your wires in your bumper so they arent bouncing off the bottom of your grill and ruining the paint..

DSC00413s.JPG

DSC00414s.JPG

6. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

Solenoid mounted to alternator bracket. Ground to alternator mounting bolt.
    ISO module mounted to fan shroud w/ double sided velcro that comes w/ module.
    wires bundled up nice n tight and ziptied w/ plow fuses tucked between battery and truck fuse box for easy access.

DSC00441s.JPG

DSC00439s.JPG

DSC00440s.JPG

7. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Why did you cut the bumper? It should of fit without cutting....

8. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

You mean the lower valance?
    Thats what someone else told me also, but, not even close. you can see it in the pics. someone did make mention of some new style fisher mounts that actually mount under the valance. however, ground clearance is reduced significantly, and, these nose draggers need all the front end clearance they can get.

9. fire&ice

fire&ice Junior Member

Fisher Parts cheap

I purchased some fisher plow parts cheap at www.stuff4trucks.com. They are located in massachusetts