1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just picked it up need a plow setup for it

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by pushingsnow, Dec 11, 2012.

1. pushingsnow

pushingsnow Member

2000 gmc 3500 srw 350 engine ex conservation truck

truck.jpg

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

clean truck what are u going to plow with it?

3. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Full size bed with a crew cab? Hopefully nothing tight.

4. pushingsnow

pushingsnow Member

my drive and doing some sub work small lots i got it cheap needs front seat both passenger side doors are dented in bed is dented up its a big truck and srw 1 ton wanted crew cab i have a 11 month old son trying to make some extra money looking for decent price on plow snow blower and walk behind spreader is getting old

5. ducaticorse

from we

Depending on what rates are in your state, I would look into subbing out on a large lot. Put a 9 footer on it and a 1yard spreader. That thing will be a nightmare doing residential driveways.

6. pushingsnow

pushingsnow Member

i dont want anything bigger than 8 foot

7. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

11 month old is too young to be a shoveler....hope you pay him well.

8. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

An 8 footer would be fine if your not going to turn...ever.

9. ducaticorse

from we

Well, you're kinda limiting your income in my opinion. I know each regional market is different from one another, so I won't comment further.

10. pushingsnow

pushingsnow Member

it would be hard enough to get through the gate at work with 8 footer also limiter cash to spend on the plow

11. ducaticorse

from we

What kind of plow work are you thinking of doing with it?

12. pushingsnow

pushingsnow Member

i do tree jobs for a guy in the summer he also plows in the winter he has some big drives and small lots by me that he needs done so im trying to get my truck setup i did small drives for him last year with snow blower trying to move up in the world if i get set up my buddy will start doing the snow blowing

13. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

That trucks like 43 feet long.

14. ducaticorse

from we

LOL, that's my point in telling him that doing driveways in it is going to be a nightmare...

15. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

if 9 foot wont work find a v plow

16. pushingsnow

pushingsnow Member

its only 18 feet lol gotta love the huge tanks the lots i will be doing are ant tiny lots but they are not big smallest lot is 12 car and that has no cars in it when i do it biggest is 2 40 car lots that are on the same block 8 foot would be perfect for me what do you guys think about thos back blades are they even worth having

17. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

throw on some kinda 7.5ft plow the plow im most familar with is meyers and for this year of a truck they are pretty cheap to come by and pretty common. Again you have to remember what dealers you have and what is avaliable in your $$$ range.

18. ducaticorse

from we

Back drag blades will be your best friend with that tanker,

19. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Is that truck 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive ?

20. 02Silverado

02Silverado Junior Member

My extended cab short bed is 18 feet...Hows a crew cab long bed the same length. Theirs a guy in my area that uses a crew cab long bed dually 3500 for driveways, and its the most rediculous thing I have ever seen, when he backs up for another pass he blocks traffic in both directions. Not saying the truck wouldn't make a good plower, but just not for driveways. It would be a good parking lot rig.