1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just ordered the 1350 LED from Backup Buddy!

Discussion in 'Back-up Buddy - Back-up & Utility Lights - Trucks' started by jkski, Nov 23, 2011.

1. jkski

jkski Member

Well, I just ordered the 1350 LED from Backup Buddy and am excited to see what it does. I am hoping to light things up like the 4th of July!!!

Thanks Annmarie for answering all of my questions, you were a great help and I appreciate the education.

2. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

I orderrd mine too with a little custom wiring for my upditters. Cant wait to get it.

3. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

um...... What is this that you speak of?

4. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

Apparently I don't know how to check for spelling when posting from my cell phone lol.

Anyways, I asked Gary to have 2 positive wires externally available so I can run them up to my upfitter switches. On the unit there are two 3 position toggle switches, one for the flasher/strobe and one for the LED's. The middle position is the "off" position for each and will not activate the lights while in reverse. The two positive wires I asked to be added will be hooked to the middle position so I can control the LED's and strobe via my upfitter switches independently. All I will have to do is run 2 wires from my upfitters to the rear of the truck.

I don't like the idea of the lights turning on while in reverse, I like full control over it so this will give me full control yet not lose and other functionality that is built into them.

Last year when I bought it originally, I asked him to wire it up that way but the lights just weren't bright enough in my opinion so I returned it. It did work flawlessly with the upfitters... Now that he has the 1350lumen, I reordered.. this should work very very well being 4 times brighter then the one I originally ordered.

5. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

HOLY :eek:..... Wayyyyy over priced if you ask me.

6. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

His product is overpriced?? I think it is expensive but when you see it in person, the quality speaks for itself.

7. jkski

jkski Member

I received my backup buddy light set (1350) and I can now see why the cost is perceived to be high but I can tell you that this unit is extremely well built and worth the money. I need to position the lights a bit yet but it sure does make things brighter, even with my dark tinted windows up.

8. jkski

jkski Member

Well, we finally got a little snow for me to truly test the new set-up and it is impressive. With snow on the ground, the lights really make things bright and easy to see.
    Thanks again for makin such a great product, well worth the money.

9. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Glad you like them, I got tired of waiting for a response from them so I just mounted 2-1350 lumen LED's from DDM Tuning and it's ok but not as bright as I'd hoped.