1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just Ordered My Pathfinder 7.5 TE II Plow!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LawnSmith, Oct 3, 2001.

1. LawnSmith

LawnSmith Member

just ordered my plow for my 92 full size blazer from Pathfinder. its the 7.5 foot trip edge 2. it should be here in a week or two. its coming down from RI in a semi truck....its getting delivered to my door and i have to take it out of the semi w/ my big john deere loader tractor because it is going to be on a pallot. anyway, just thought i would let you all know. since this will be my first year of plowing, i wanted to get a very heavy duty unit in case of mistakes made by me. i got the demo video from Pathfinder and knew that was the one for me! this thing is STOUT!!
  2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

While you may have gotten a sweet deal on that plow, what are you going to do about parts. If all your parts have to come from RI, then you may be waiting a while if the East Coast gets hits by a major winter storm. Also remember this, that the plow may be a bull dozer but that just means the next weakest link will fail, in this case it may be your truck.
  3. LawnSmith

LawnSmith Member

got the parts covered....the only thing that i would have to get from Pathfinder direct would be framework pieces that bolt to the truck and plow......but, those should not be a problem for many years down the road. everything else, hydrolics, bolts, pins, cutting edge....all that stuff i can get locally and put on the Pathfinder plow. i'm not too worried about this particular unit...like i said before...it is STOUT. we will just have to see how the truck holds up!
  4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Pathfinder plows are definately stout plows. If you have parts covered then you should be alright. Many parts such as hoses and cylinders can be found from other sources.