1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just ordered an Inverted Blower!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PTSolutions, Oct 4, 2011.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Feel like a kid on christmas eve! Placed an order for a normand n92-280 with semi-industrial chute and hydro backblade with Steve from Image, great guy btw.

Im in talks with a local kioti dealer, they are trying to find me a dk90 (90hp) unit. A new kioti is a much better option for us than a used kubota or similar as the kioti has many more standard features. Plus it comes with a 4 year unlimited hr warranty and we are just going to finance the tractor.

This unit is replacing 3 trucks on a very tight 150 driveway residential route (about 2mi end to end) this is going to be a great help since i won't really be out plowing this season since i'm in law school now.

Any input on the blower or tractor would be helpful, I've been researching this for about a year now and thanks to Neige, Blowerman, Image and others on here that have really helped out, especially in my thread over in the heavy equipment section.
  2. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Awesome, congrats on the new piece!

3. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Right on, have you checked out a JD 5093E, its a nice, competitively priced machine, and JD is offering 0% 5 years with 20% down.

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I'm not trying to take the wind out of your sails but I think that a couple of important issues need to be investigated prior to buying the Kioti (or the Normand blower, or any blower or tractor for that matter). I see that you have mentioned a 4 yr unlimited warranty. That sounds fantastic on paper but what happens when it breaks and you can't get it repaired in the middle of the night. It would be the same with any brand but I would be affraid that any brand with a lesser track record would probably be a higher risk. IMO Kioti is such a brand. The next point ties into the first one. Do they have a mobile repair truck, and how skilled is the mechanic who comes out in it. It's one thing to have a shop foreman and dealer support at arms reach but the field work usually sets the mechanic on his own. In this situation it is imperative that the repairman knows his stuff or it may cost you dearly in unecessary downtime, excess repair hours, and lost revenue (pick your combination but most likely all three). The thrid point ties into the other two. What is the parts availability? The best shop or mechanic can still be near useless if they can't get the required parts. You see where I'm going with this. These questions apply now matter what brand you are looking at. Just be sure you don't get stuck looking only at the up front cost. In essence you are not just buying a machine. You are buying the support too (wether you realize it or not) so be sure to go out and "kick the tires" on the whole package.
    BTW I hope your new business model works out. Be sure to keep us all informed of your successes.
  5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thanks for the purchase and the kind words:blush2: You're also a great guy to work with Thumbs Up

Congrats!!! I ordered the same thing as yours from Steve last month. Awesome guy to work with. I still can't wait for it to arrive at my place! I'm excited.
  7. PTSolutions

Just wanted to clear a couple issues up. As I mentioned earlier, this wasn't a spur decision. I had met with a few dealers and discussed parts availability and researched tractor forums and listened to what actual users had to say.

Im very aware that buying a product entails purchasing all the support processes involved with that. I am not aware of any type of dealer around here that has a mobile repair truck. Our AG market is much smaller than many other users on here. We have our own mobile repair/parts van for situations that may arise.
  8. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thank you too MRHORSEPOWER1. Both of your's are on the build to ship Nov 15th. If anyone else needs one they should let me know ASAP to get it in time for this winter.

You are welcome! That's even better than last estimated shipping date. Thanks for the info!
  10. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Ahhh, so much love in this thread :blush2:

Congrats ProTouch, new toys rock!
  11. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

Thumbs Up Awesome! Look forward to hearing how it goes.
  12. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I see everyone is full of compliments today... Perhaps I should add some kind words?

As others have pointed out, Steve has been a easy guy to work with. The reality is, buying a large blower is not a impulse decision. Careful planning, then make it work!

Glad to see others are getting on board with the tractor and snowblower concept.

While I don't show the same excitement as others, I'm looking forward to taking delivery of my new Normand snowblower from Steve.
    In regards to which tractor I'm putting this on? The Kubota M100X.... Love the transmission, cab is quite comfortable, price is decent (it's new) and Paul recommended it.
  13. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thanks Blowerman :waving:, you have an awesome setup and the application/account you're using it on will be a perfect fit.
  14. PTSolutions

Been visiting some dealer and finally settled on one. They have been in business over 80 years and have spoken to them several times including the parts dept. They carry new holland as well as kioti and they have said that their customers have been very happy with the kiotis and they have proven to be as reliable as the rest of the big boys.

ive been quoted 38,500 for a brand new 2011 dk90 (90hp and 80ptohp), full option cab, 3 remotes, 4x4 and plenty of other goodies. or 44,500 with loader, which im still trying to decide on.
  15. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Congrats on the new purchase. I say the loader is a no brainer. Go with it. What makes a tractor more productive then being able to perform snow work with both the front and the back. I am not sure what options Kioti offers, but if you can get a skidsteer quick tach plate on the loader. That way you can utilize your other attachmetns. If you happen to lose residential contracts, instead of leaving you with a piece of idle equipment, or a tractor with a partial route. You can now put an 8ft pusher on the front and handle some commercial work with it. In the end it is your decision as it is your money. I would say go with the loader while it was new. It is easier to properly install something on a new machine as well. Good luck with what ever you choose.ussmileyflagpayup
  16. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Some good points here but I would be afraid of the loader being too light weight for industrial applications. I don't mean the tractor. I mean the loader attachment itself. Most ag loaders are.