1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just one bad night

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jto89, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Jto89

Jto89 Member

well it started off me leaving work in and headed back home, I left work at 1:30 and i didn't get home till almost 4:00. its usually taked me about 45 minutes to get home. finally get home and go to pick up my shoveler and my street hasn't been plowed so i flip the truck into 4H and the hubs won't lock. so now there is 4" on the ground and i am getting calls like crazy saying that no one can get home because there driveway hasn't been cleared. so i shut the truck off and start it back up and the 4 wheel drive works. So i had off to my first account and get that done. Heading to the next one i was going around the corner and i hit some ice and slid off the road and hit a telephone pole with the plow. luckily i wasn't going that fast and when i hit the poll i was doing only 4 or 5 m.p.h when i hit. i get out to look and i tweak the moldboard. Nothing happend to the pole no one around the area lost power so it was fine. the plow still worked just a little bit slower. the truck seems to be fine it drives straight and the body lines and everything seem good. i plan on taking a better look at it tomorrow. then at 3:30 this morning i am plowing a restaurant with the kid i plow with and his pump stops working all together. So we are trying to get it working and as a last ditch effort we give the pump a few taps with a hammer and it starts working again. then pushing back a bank i got my truck stuck in the pile and have to dig the truck out with my hands ( dad took shovel out of the truck and didn't put it back in) I finished and 6:30 this morning and I went back out for a few calls to clean up some drives and i was back in around 5:00 of so. all in all it was a good night with a few mishaps we ended up getting close to 12" payup

2. TEX

TEX Senior Member

well you got threw it. you couldnt just turn the hubs and lock them? or you ment the transfer case wouldnt go into 4x4