1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just my luck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sherwin, Jan 10, 2009.

1. sherwin

sherwin Member

Forecast calls for 2-5" during the day. So I wake up at 7 this morning, 1" on the ground. By 9am theres 10" in my driveway. So I scramble to get everyone going, we get to town and theres 3" there and done snowing. Here I thought finally a light fluffy 10" big $ and just barely breaks the 3" where it matters. Then I have to come home to 10" and my house has a steel roof, so all the snow from that has slid off and my doors 4' deep in snow, I had to do more work at home than anywhere else. One of those freak 1 mile wide bands that came through I guess. Jeesh.

2. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Sonuva biscut! You got all our snow.:cry:

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

We get them a lot while your home and looking at green grass your lots on the other side of town has 6 inches in them and they don't even call you.

4. paponte

paponte Senior Member

It's snow, aint it? payup

5. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

We had 29" here in Rochester in December. Roughly 8-9 pushes depending on client.

What did Minn/st. paul get?

January so far, couple salt spreadings and 1.7 " yesterday

6. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

I don't have the totals handy, but I made 6 pushes in December.

7. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

I believe about 10 pushes in metro depending on lot.

8. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I would settle for the 3" here. I haven't seen anything since December.

9. sherwin

sherwin Member

We had 44" in Dec. a new record for the month. Last year we broke the overall record for the season, so we may just do it again. I wish I could send some you way, like the $, but family time and sleep has suffered badly.

10. sluggermn

sluggermn Member

we missed out on the one last weekend and this weekend it got delayed to sunday. I have not made a push since new years eve.:realmad:
    we broke the snow fall record for december this year most snow since it has been kept track of.... good year to pick to start plowing. payup now if I can just keep my eqpt out of the mechanics garage I may actually break even this year.

slugger