1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just mounted my sno-way plow i have a question?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by let-it-snow, Nov 20, 2008.

1. let-it-snow

let-it-snow Junior Member

I think i have mounted my plow mount 6 to 8 inches to far foward is this going to be a big deal with the operation of the plow or is it ok but just loos a little funny?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Post pictures

3. let-it-snow

I can't my cam. batt. is dead and i can't find the charger . The plow sill goes up and down and angles and the down pressure still works but the light bar is not close to the front of the truck and it leans downward untill you use down pressure .

4. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

The light bar leans downwards till you hit down pressure.HMMM something is not right that is not normal. I would definately get a camera and get a picture up here. So we can see whatcha got going on. My light bar doesn't go back more than a quarter of a inch when I hit DP.

Brad

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Is this a new or used plow? If it is used check the bushings in the lift linkage and make sure that they are not worn out or gone. Pix would definately give us a better idea to help you out.

6. let-it-snow

It is a used 25D 7 1/2 i will look to see about the bushings and ill try to get you some pics soon thank ill let you know about the bushings

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Try adjusting the light bar. With the plow on the truck loosen the four bolts that hold the lower pivots where the attachment pins are. lift the blade slightly off the ground and push the light tower where you want it. then tighten the bolts.

Let us know if it helped.:waving:

8. let-it-snow

I did the bolt thing and it helped but not enogh there is one bushing missing on one side of the light bar where it mounts next to the 3erd pin can i buy this item ?

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

All the bushings are available.

10. let-it-snow

ok thanks i am going to redo the mount because i think that has a little to do with it also so ill let you know how it works out and one more question do i have to use sno-ways fluid or can i use other hydro fluids?

11. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I would use snoway fluid or the blue plow fluid.

12. let-it-snow

ok thank i will use the sno way fluid .

13. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome to the Sno-Way family.
    All the guys here are happy to help. Just ask.