1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just Made the move to Fisher!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jamartz, Nov 18, 2009.

1. jamartz

jamartz Member

Well I did it today! Bought an 8.5 Extreme V for the Excursion.
    I was dead set on another Boss (even had an install scheduled) but then the Boss dealer found out it was going on an Excursion and said he could not install it for liability reasons, so I started to look around a bit more, after really looking hard and getting what seems to be a real good deal I went with the Fisher!

Getting it installed on Monday next week! Hard to beat it when the Fisher comes standard with things that are upgrade options for Boss and It is still cheaper then a non optioned out Boss.
    Really looking forward to the first snow now!

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Good luck with the XV...

3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Throw up some pics after the install...

4. ScottPA

ScottPA Senior Member
    from PA

Thing I like most about my 8.5" XV is that is not spring return like the Boss V. So if you get hung up on a snow bank its alot easier to push yourself out. Oh just one more thing how much are you paying total to have that installed. I payed 4,900 + tax for mine, was the lowest price around I could find.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

$4,900 for install?!?! Seems high to me:laughing::laughing:

J/K Excellent price. Much less than I paid two years ago

6. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

If you want to push yourself out wouldnt you be going into scoop mode?

GL with the fisher, I know this is a fisher forum and you seem to be happy with your purchase so that good but make sure to come back and let us know how you like it after a few events!

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

8. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

There is something wrong with you. :laughing:
    I am a Grandview fan.

9. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

WAY TO GO!!!!!.....Bye, Bye BOSS.:laughing:.....You will love your Fisher Plow...:drinkup:

10. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

I never had anything else, but my Fisher has taken severe beatings, and never let me down.

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

9 foot Fisher HD straight blade is a whole different animal than the XV.

12. jamartz

jamartz Member

$5250 + tax installed. I like the trip edge and I really like the 2 way hydralics over the boss. Never thought you should have to pay another 350 to get the hydralics that SHOULD come standard.
    Don't get me wrong, I never had an issue with the Boss and I really liked it......however the fisher was just to good to pass up to me, and after going and checking one out in person I was SOLD!

13. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Well show us pix of her installed!

14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I presume by "two way hydraulics" you are refering to the double acting angle cylinders. Boss doesn't even offer double acting cylinders. The spring return is a much simplier and therefore likely more reliable system. And just as effective, too.

15. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

HAHA i sure dont miss the return springs snapping off in the middle of the night. :dizzy:

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

How many times did that happen to you?

17. jamartz

jamartz Member

Yes that is what I was referring to, I couldn't backdrag worth a dang with the Boss, Didn't want to pay the extra 350 for the smartlocks, something that should be standard in my thoughts i guess.
    I am not trying to dis Boss, like I said before I never really had a problem with it, butafter looking at the Fisher I was way more impressed with it!

Here is a pic of it installed!.........hopefully the pic comes up.

Ah crap for got to rotate the picture........I will do it over so your neck doesn't hurt!

Excursion.jpg

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  18. jamartz

jamartz Member

Lets try this again!........

Now it is right side up!

Excursion 2.jpg

19. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Looks sweet :D

20. bdavis

bdavis Member

Best plow out there in my opinion...that exact model... painted version is my next plow.