1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just Made And Tested Liquid Deice Spray Bar

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mralwis, Jan 3, 2010.

1. mralwis

mralwis Junior Member
    from CT

Just wanted to say thanks to all the posts on this Forum with great info on liquid application.
    i put this together with a 7 gpm 12 volt pump, strainer, solinoid valve, and a remote wireless control. I added a 25 foot hose and hand sprayer that works great for sidewalks and steps. I made it self contained on the hitch mount so i can just pull it off when not in use and the power comes from my trailer light plug so installation is only a couple of minutes.
    A few contractors with accounts near mine liked how it works and how good my lots look when i'm done now have me making units for them....pretty cool...thanks again all

2009-12-23 14.04.35.jpg

2009-12-23 14.02.44.jpg

CT-TILEMAN Member

Looks Good,

Where in CT are you, would like to see it in person.

3. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Tell me more about the wireless controller, what model, where did you buy it? I like that setup.:nod:
  4. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

THAT IS A GREAT SETUP!!! Can you supply us with what you exactly use to make the pump setup.. and where to purchase the parts.. Very creative.. What type of deice do you use?? Majic or ice ban?
  5. EliteSnow&Ice

EliteSnow&Ice Senior Member

Mine is not quite as nice but heres a few pics:

and my storage tanks:

6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

WOW thats a lot of storage tanks to hold 5000 gallons. But what ever works at the lowest cost.

Spray set up looks good
  7. EliteSnow&Ice

EliteSnow&Ice Senior Member

I've got 9000 gallons worth of storage. I bought totes for less than $50 each. The nice thing is i don't have to worry about the kid that runs the truck over filling the tank as long as he comes back empty.
  8. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Nice set ups. I would love to see the wireless set up also :popcorn:
  9. mralwis

mralwis Junior Member
    from CT

my first wireless was one of those "you complete kits" i just ordered a couple off Ebay to try. if it doesn't pan out i will go back to making them