1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just lost my plow lights, and it's starting to snow! Help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by TechSpec, Mar 31, 2011.

1. TechSpec

TechSpec Junior Member

Hey guys, I've got my buddies Silverado 2500 with a Fisher MM2 that I've been using this winter to plow for him. I'm installing an HID kit in the stock light housings. The install was going smooth and after the first headlight was done I tested it, then ran other leg off the relay to the 2nd headlight, wired her up and when I went to test it the truck lights came on as if the wire harness was disconnected. I looked quickly for a fuse and only found two, a 7.5 and 15a that were both okay. I checked the grounds on both headlights and they were also okay. I'm not familiar with the truck or the plow well enough to know where else to look. As a side note: the signal light wires on the plow lights shorted out but everything stayed on and things seemed to be okay until after I shut the lights off and then back on again.
    It's dark and already snowing and I'm in some serious need of help!
    Thanks!
    Bill

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you are wiring the lights backward. power is always supplied to the bulbs ground side and ground is supplied to the hot side to turn on the high and low beams. i know it sounds crazy but thats how it is done.

that is why the lights shorted out.

go to the fisher.com sight and go to publications library. a schematic awaits.

3. TechSpec

TechSpec Junior Member

Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it. I found another set of fuses by the power control mod. It's finally all finished....and ballin' with the HIDs. I only wish I had done them at the beginning of the season instead of stuggling to see in storms.