1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just Joined

Discussion in 'Snow & Ice Management Association - SIMA' started by redman6565, Nov 11, 2008.

1. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

Just joined SIMA today, so to pick some info from you CSP, how hard was this test and who did you get to write your two reference letters, specially if you are the company owner?
  2. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Good for you redman, you're doing it right. It's a great organization for our industry, and if you choose to, you will benefit from it. The CSP test is difficult......you will not be able to "wing it".......you will need the reference materials, books, etc. I studied for weeks and thought I was prepared. I obviously wasn't and didn't pass it. I found it more difficult than my C.L.I.A. certification.......I did pass that test the first time through and they (IA) brag an 80% failure rate.

Welcome member :drinkup:
  3. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

We asked four of our larger snow customers for reference letters, and turned them in with the paperwork. I would think you could also get reference letters from your vendors, other organizations you may be affiliated with, BBB if your a member, maybe even another snow company if you sub to them.

::::If suggestion fails, poster cannot be held responsible..........if suggestion is successful, poster receives full credit for idea:::::
  4. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

Ya i'm looking forward to seeing what SIMA has to offer and what benefits I can utilize when marketing and what not...
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Huh, sounds like the Democrats. :nod: :eek: :p

Welcome to SIMA. Still on the fence with the CSP thing, but I'm sure it is worthwhile.
  6. digit

digit Member

I had my clients write letters and one store manager at a plaza where I plow.
    As far as the test I found it difficult and failed on several sections the first time. It might be easier now with the study modules.