1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just installed plow and no headlights

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by croft4306, Nov 23, 2011.

1. croft4306

croft4306 Junior Member

I have a 01 f250 I just installed a boss v plow rt3 the plow works fine and i have marker lights and signals on the plow but when i hooked up the headlights they did not work.I was told that you need to put a toggle switch inside on the 2 extra wires i did not have one so I just stripped the ends and twisted them together to see if they were going to work the truck lights did not go out and the plow lights did not come on maybe I missed somethig when I put the harness on the plow is 2002.Thanks

2. APLC

APLC Senior Member

Yeah I would get the toggle on but most times it a bad or old relay at Lear mine was check the all or switch the around and see it they come on good luck

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You can use any typical "on/off" switch. Just go to your local parts store and pick one up. Also make sure your headlight adapters (if your body style has them) are on correctly.