1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just installed my Timbrens on my truck.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by HuskerSnow, Oct 21, 2010.

1. HuskerSnow

HuskerSnow Member

Just got my Timbrens in today and installed them on my truck. Truck is a 1992 Chevy Silverado K1500. I took some pics while I installed them to show the difference and how easy it was! :D

[​IMG]

Timbren kit and Instructions
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HuskerSnow

HuskerSnow Member

Stock bump stop
    [​IMG]

After the Timbren was installed
    [​IMG]

Stock bump stop compared to the Timbren
    [​IMG]

Tire back on and off the jack. Timbren has about 1/2 inch of clearence
    [​IMG]

3. HuskerSnow

HuskerSnow Member

Plow Down
    [​IMG]

Plow Up
    [​IMG]

4. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

looks good.

5. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

is all the weight on the timerens now? if so i would give the tbar a crank so you have some suspention travel and wont kill your baljoints when you hit a sewer or smallpot hole in the road. looks good other wise though!

6. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

I just put them on my 1500 it is so easy its not funny. I have not dug the plow out yet to see how much of a diffrence it made

7. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

do these really help that much? lot of people talk about them, just wondering if there really worth the money.

8. roadking88

roadking88 Member

your gonna love them..i cranked up my t-bars and put them on my 2002 1500 gmc and what a difference they make...best money i ever spent...

9. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

did you have to drill any new holes????? ive been waiting to see what the install entails and noone has ever posted pics till now

10. Honest Mike

Honest Mike Member

No holes need to be drilled.

11. Honest Mike

Honest Mike Member

Its a direct replacement of the stock rubber bump stop.

12. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

cool thanks

13. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i wonder if its the same for my 97 3500 pickup.

14. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i would imagin so, chevy didnt feel the need to change all the much with small things like brackets on there obs truck.

15. Honest Mike

Honest Mike Member

Ihdriver, you're welcome.

TheGoldPro, probably a different part number for your truck, but Im sure it would still be a direct fit, meaning no holes needing to be drilled.

16. HuskerSnow

HuskerSnow Member

Didn't have to drill any new holes. I did however have to do soem digging to actually find one of the holes haha. 18 years of dirt and grime build up made it hard to find.

17. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

How much for the kit and where did you find it? Thanks

18. HuskerSnow

HuskerSnow Member

It was $194.95 for the Kit and I found it on www.TruckSpring.com
    The rear Timbren kit was the same price, but I didn't buy the kit for the rear.
    I just looked up the price of the kits for the trucks in your signature and its the same price... $194.95. It should be just as easy on your 89 as it was for my 92. I don't know about your Excursion, but it can't be that much harder. :)

19. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

I got mine for less than that from Jim at ESI.

20. NorthernPlowman

NorthernPlowman Member

I didn't even take my wheels off when I put them on my 99 Sierra. I just jacked up the frame popped out the old put a lil lube on the new slid right it and bolted it up basically effortless took 20 mins to do both sides!