1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just installed my 9'2 V

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Scottscape, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

Installed my 9'2 V a few days ago on the new 350. My other plows are meyer and snoway's. Hopefully Boss will impress me. Everyone seems to love them. The extra height of the vxt didn't make much sense to me.

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  2. THE-BOSS-PLOWS

THE-BOSS-PLOWS Senior Member

I just installed one of those today on a 06 f350 not mine. We put all new stuff on like cutting edge, wiring harness, Light housings. It was used and it wasn't in the best shape. But I brought it for 1,200 sold it for 2,500 with all the parts and labor.

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks great and looks like you need some ballast.

4. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

I'll throw 2 skids of salt in there when its time.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome to the Boss/Ford club!

6. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

lol wow little to much?

7. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

Do you have to take the bumper off?? i have never put one on so i don't know but was thing of doing my new one when i get it this summer

8. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

How about a 2.5" leveling kit on the front, id take care of the front sag and keep it nice and level

9. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Looks good, I always install my plows. It's always nice to know exactly where everything is, and it's cheaper:D Looks like a skid plate off a Chev leaning on the ladder.

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking blade and truck, good luck with it.:drinkup:

11. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

looks great, about how long did it take you start to finish?

12. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

Thanks guys. took about 4 hrs on the mount/wiring and about 3 hrs assembling the blade. Wrestling the moldboards and frame isnt easy by yourself when you have to put the pins in. Yes the bump has to come off its only 2 side bolts in the bumper and 4 front bolts it can go off and in about 10 mins.

On the mount box they give you two small bracket plates w/welded bolts that fit through the frame facing downward, those were a little off had to do alittle bit of grinding to make them fit far enough forward to get the front mount bolts to line up with the frame. other than that it was a pretty easy install. there is pretty much nowhere to mount the relays on the diesels because of the mount of room in the engine bay that was a chore