1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just installed MM2 on 06 f350

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by stoker420, Jan 30, 2011.

1. stoker420

stoker420 Junior Member
    from RI

So I just bought a used MM2 8, hd. I spent the day installing the push plates and harness. now my question is should I be getting a light on the controller with out the plow connected? I have not picked up the plow as of yet because i had no way a transporting it with out the push plates and harness on the truck yet.

I have the joystick controller but when I turn on the key to the truck and swith the controller to the on position there is no light comming on the controller box is this normal or should the light come on with out the plow attached.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

You will not get a light on the controller until the plow side pumps and lights are hooked up. Or at least until the lights are hooked in, but I am pretty sure they both have to be attached to power up the controller.
  3. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

yes, the plow needs to be hooked up for the controller to light up, and still u need to turn it to the on position to get it to move the plow
  4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Ditto, plow has to be hooked up....

Nice Sig pic Aaron! Are you using the XLS more then the XV?
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Thanks Ryan, Yeah I am about 75% XLS, 25% XV this season. For the type of storms we have been getting the XLS is more productive and efficient. This next storm (we will see what happens:dizzy:) I will most likely run the XLS in the beginning and if we get the snow fall totals they are calling for, I usually end up getting anywhere from 40 to 80 call ins for one time driveway service and I will throw on the XV to bust through the large amount of snow at the ends of buried drives :nod:. Other then that I am going to by another XLS next year and truck for it to go on and still have the XV as a backup.
  6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Nice! I've been having amazing results with mine this year as well, not one issue to speak of.