1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just installed Front Firestone/Bilstien Airbags..Awesome...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Maleko, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

In addition to my rear bags i just installed the front airbags.

I must say they are AWESOME.....

The whole truck is now riding on air. It rides so freakin nice. I am impressed
    Holds The 8'Stainless X-Blade like nothing and the rear Airflo loaded with ease.

Even empty the truck rides like a whole new truck.
    Its all hooked up to onboard air with the controls in the cab, as well as some train horns.
    here are some pics, sorry its dark out.

Anyone else have these.

CIMG0906.JPG

CIMG0905.JPG

CIMG0907.JPG

CIMG0909.JPG

CIMG0908.JPG

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  2. Schnabel Plowin

Schnabel Plowin Senior Member

Is that a 2500hd?

3. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Yes its a 05'

4. samjr

samjr Senior Member

how much

How much did it run ya ?
    and how long to get it all hooked up ?

5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

That truck looks great...what type of rims?

6. needmoresnow

needmoresnow Member

I had a buddy put them on a new 3500 chevy last year to help with the weight of his blizzard power plow and he had some trouble and actually popped one. Please keep us posted as thats about the only option for chevy guys !

7. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Cost me just around $500.00 w/ shipping
    Only took me about an hour, Shock swap was easy and quick, and since i already had the onboard air system already in place, all i had to do is run the air lines to the controls in the cab.

8. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Thanks..

They are American Racing Wheels with Teflon coating. They just about match the color of my truck exactly.

9. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Wow. poped one? Must have gotten something up between the sleeve and bag itself.
    Ive had my rear bags for years and put some serious weight on them. with no issues.
    I hope the fronts last me awhile.

Yes they are a bit pricy. I just couldnt see spending $200. + dollars on a small piece of rubber ( Timbrens ) Plus i already had the on board air so i just wanted to complete the system.

10. R.G.PEEL

R.G.PEEL 2000 Club Member
    from Toronto

Truck looks awesome, glad to hear you're happy with your investment. Post some daytime pics of the truck so we can see better. Also give a link to the kit you bought. I have the same truck and my interest is raised now.

11. samjr

samjr Senior Member

ya me to i got a 04

A link wood be good ;)
    i got my t-bars turned up alot what did u do to yours ?
    like did u put then back to stock setting?

12. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

I will get some daytime pics up tomorrow.

I have tried everything except Timbrens. keys , cranking etc. I have bent 2 sets of torsion bar adjustment bolts by cranking them.

These shocks/bags by far to me is the best solution I just wanted to do it right.
    Need some support just push a button, when you not loaded, just let some air out with a simple press of a button.. kinda get spoiled this way.
    This way when your empty you still get the stock ride , instead of the bars being cranked all the time and having a rougher ride

This is where i got them. Super nice people

http://www.truckspring.com/products/Firestone-Level-Rite-Air-Over-Shock-System__1003.aspx

13. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

NICE!!!! What size spreader is that?

14. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

6.5' Air-flo Stainless w/10.5Hp motor holds 1.5 yrds. Fits perfect in the short bed

15. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Ya looks like it does!

16. pjnlandscape

pjnlandscape Member

I have American Racing rims on my truck too. They are also Teflon coated like yours. let me know how yours fair with the sand and salt at the end of the season Maleko.

17. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

wow looks real clean underneath that 05. my 06 is starting to get worse every couple months with more of the factory undercoating wearing off and rust forming. those control arms look brand new compared to mine. interested that leveling system though for mine as well.

18. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Cool. Air shocks.
    Technology from the 70's making a comeback in 2011!payup

19. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Thanks.
    I paint the entire frame and underneath twice a year.
    Always just before it gets cold, and again late spring early summer.
    There is no rust anywhere on my truck.
    A couple bucks in spray cans goes along way.

Truck is always washed and rinsed at the end of every storm. never goes more than 12 hours without being cleaned.. Ya im a little crazy in the head about keeping my stuff clean, so ive been told..:rolleyes:

Same with my sander, Washed out every time and wiped down with WD-40. Ok i am a little crazy....

20. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

Wow, they look great! I was skeptical of getting them, but let us know how they do.. That may be a purchase in the near future.. What kind of tarp is that on the spreader?! I've been trying to find one like that for so long, something heavy duty and won't flap in the wind!