1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just heard the "B" word for New England!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Nascar24, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I was just watching NECN and Joe Joyce ( The Weekend Guesser) said the models are showing things are lining up with a Polar vortec hooking up with moisture coming in from the Gulf.

He say's its looking like the I95 corridor will be seeing blizzard like conditions with large accumulations of fluffy snow inland. Wednesday is the targeted day! So be ready! and remember "Plow with the Storm"!

2. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I hope it comes thru for you guys.You all deserve it and can use it.Good luck fellas.I will do my snow dance for you all.xysport Me shaking it come on snowxysport

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

From everything ive been looking at online most signs point towards that. God i can only hope. Local weather says at this point we still dont know...it could totally miss us. At this point, i wouldnt be shocked if it did miss. But 4 out of 5 models show it becoming a "B".

Sshhhhhhh . . . . ;)
  4. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

2.5" since December 1st. That's it!!. How many inches in upstate NY, 140''?
    Anyway, it seems we are going to have party time!!!!At this point I don't care if we have 12" or 3". The only thing I know is that finally I am going to be out plowingxysport
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I need this storm i just did a water pump and what not im minus 550 so i need to get to plus side
  6. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

12-18 CT.....rest up
  7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

please Make It Happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

im goinf yo kill myself if something doesnt happin,althoe i have been playing the piss outa rainbow six vegas, lol
  9. rgrimes945

rgrimes945 Senior Member

Pullin for you guys up north!!!

I'm pullin for you guys. You need a break and THE B word might just Be it !

Ray Grimes
  10. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Good Luck guys.....that would be fun. They are calling for 1"-3" here tonight, and then 6"-8" I guess between Tuesday and Wednesday.....I hope all of us get lucky!payup
  11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I don't think there is anyway that it can miss us now (I'm crossing my fingers). It just looks to good. Almost all the stations are saying 100% of snow. The plow is on and I am ready. All I have to do is diesel up the tractor and it'll be go time.
  12. KHB

KHB Member

What are we hearing for CT?
  13. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

14. 06HD BOSS

Hasnt been updated lately, but :

Starting from West to East...

Omaha, NE - 6
    Des Monies - 6
    Chicago - 5
    St. Louis - 2 with mix
    Springfield, Il - 6
    Fort Wayne - 6
    Indianapolis - 8
    Dayton - 6
    Cincinnati - 5 with mix
    Columbus - 8
    Cleveland - 10
    Charleston, WV 5 and ice
    Wheeling, Wv 6 and mix
    Detroit - 2
    Pittsburgh - 8 mix
    State College - 10
    Altoona - 12
    Johnstown - 14
    Scranton - 12-18
    Erie - 5
    Harrisburg/York - 16
    Philly 12 some mix
    New York 12 some mix
    Long Island 4-8 some mix
    Atlantic city - 5 mix
    Washington 12
    Baltimore 12
    Northern New Jersey - 12-18
    Allentown - 12-18
    Boston 12
    Hartford - 12-18
    Portland, me - 12
    Binghamton - 8
    Albany - 6
    Elmira - 6
    Hagerstown, MD 12-16
    Roanoke - 6-12
    Richmond - 4-6 mix
    Norfolk - 3 mix
    Providence - 12 mix

North Carolina to Kentucky on South Rain and perhaps some ice.
  15. KHB

KHB Member

16. 06HD BOSS

just watched Ch 30's weather. I dont get these a$$ holes!!!! "We know a storm is gonna happen but not sure where or what it will do or even what form of precipitation it will be in..." WTF is that! Then on the 5 day, he shows snow for Wed with a high of 25 and a low of 18, but says it could be rain.... how the hell is it gonna rain at those temps!!! If we end up getting f***ked by another BS storm threat, im gonna go totally nuts...ill seriously go mental!:mad:
  17. KHB

KHB Member

I totally agree with ya. I figured I get closer to the truth if I asked here.. Weathermen in this state are too scared to tell ya anything because they can't predict ****. :gunsfiring:

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

keep the faith for us NE guys

Thanks ray we do need a break up hear lots of people hurtin with no plowing so far me included.:cry:
  19. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn Member

Guys, I am down here towards the canal and I am starting to get a crappy feeling in the pit of my stomach that we are going to get royally porked on this storm. They are saying there is a good chance we could change to rain and only get minor accumulation's from this one. You guys north and west of I-95 are gonna have some fun though. 12+ inches for you guys. Hopefully we will get enough to at least make SOME money. Winter can really piss me off!!!

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

Johnson is north of boston about 8 mi. still on for snow do you know?