1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just got western 7.5 plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ahoron, Jan 25, 2007.

1. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

I just got a western unimount 7 1/2ft No truck mount or wiring. Plow came off a 2001 2500 chevy.Looking for ideas where to purchase mount/wiring harness. Will only be used for my driveway and 2 neighbors nothing substantial. What upgrades would you suggest for truck if any? Truck does not have plow prep package. Thanks
  2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Well, first we need to know what kind of truck you are going to put this plow on
  3. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Its a 2002 1500 sierra 4.8l automatic regular cab 8ft bed
  4. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

I would get on the western website and find all the dealers that are with in driving distance and call about a used mount and wireing . I had to drive 1hr for my mount but saves a boat load most of the time you see them going for 200-300 I got mine for $125 I think .
  5. Western doesnt make the unimount frames anymore. I was able to find one for my '02HD but it was gonna be $650! I guess they make an Ultra mount frame mount with a unimount conversion package...but even that end up being very expensive. I got a used one. I'd look on e-bay or you local newspaper/swapsheet. Maybe you can find one on this site.

I'd add a tranny cooler and a set of Timbrens to your truck before doing much plowing. Be sure to add some Balast in the bed of the truck. Western site has a handy calculator to determine how much is needed for plow set-up and truck make/model/configuration.