1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just got my Walmart call today

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scott's, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

But it came thru Professional Property Maintenance. I asked them if they where connected with USM and they said yes but we have our own contracts:confused: They called me and "told" me what they was going to pay, which was only about $400.00 off what I would think it would be bid at. Has or is anyone dealing with Professional Property Management out of Dayton Ohio and if so whats the scoop. They are faxing me info and I will post what I find out.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

You just posted this the other day?

3. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

Are you going to bid it? it well be interesting if this in going through a second managment company if they are going to have you sign the same/similar contract as USM would sign

4. JKMATHIEU

JKMATHIEU Junior Member

The plot thickens.....If they work through USM I would be VERY careful. The bottom line with all nationals is that you need to finance them yourself,fight for your money etc etc. I wish you the best of luck....Read All nessessary documents before submitting anything signed. Been doing this for a long time and have yet to hear of a good national to work for ( at least the overwhelming majority agree)

5. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I just don't understand how you could line up manpower/equipment and salt tonnage this late.

If you already plow "everything" around it as well I am just wondering if you own a De-Lorene as your plow truck as well?

6. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

This is "not" the walmart my buddy had plowed as I see you went back and took a post I made from another thread and the 1 here in town I do plow "everything" around it.

I can do anything I put my mind to, I have alot of connections if I need to use them .

Again what I posted had nothing to do with this Walmart or even the fact that USM is using National providers to help them fill spots. If USM is so bad (which I believe they are) How are they working with other National providers?

7. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

No I cant bid it they said we will pay you $$$$ to plow and $$$$ to salt and there prices are way off .The price they gave to salt wont even cover the calcium chloride thay wont on the walks.

8. wdcs1

wdcs1 Member

I just got a call from a maitenece company to about walmart. Don't know specifics yet but they have opened it up for bid here. Said they would email me info

9. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks Senior Member

I don't know enough about Professional Property Maintenance to say yay or nay but I see there trucks around here all the time. They do a lot of local work and I have heard from a guy in toledo that they sub out properties up there. He was happy with them. Sorry if this isn't too helpful...

10. nekos

nekos Senior Member

lol this is getting good. Now contractors will have 2 greedy companies skimming off the top before they get their money. There is going to be some great deals on equipment this spring ! I can't wait ! :)

11. cranky1111

cranky1111 Junior Member
    from 4

We were able to save 1 wally world, the other one went to USM - I spoke to the manager and told her that she could call me if the store isnt opened on time because the scab that usm hires screws up if there is a big enough storm - I hope we get nailed this year more than ever----

For anyone who hasn't plowed a northeast walmart during the day and has gone in with USM -you are in for a rude awakening! Freaking walmart customers in this area dont care if the Govenor Declares a state of emergency, they are shopping for the damn 52" HDTV!!!! And they will throw the box on the ground because it dont fit in the car with the box -- Slip and Fall city!--- Lawsuit Central !!! good bye little dumb contractors who mix with the liars at usm! If you think that plowing driveways qualifies you for Wally world - you have another thing coming LOL !!!!!

I replaced the walmart with 6 new small accounts- very happy about it too! All little malls that close up by 10 and mostly dont open till 10 ---- much easier to plow --- A big F U to any contractor who scabs for USM- I will be here to pick up the pieces --- I wont sub to you when I get the Wally world back, (O yea i do sub, MY contracts allow me to!)and i pay my subs the same week as the storm --- wow - in full too!

Sleep with dogs get fleas!!!

12. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

me neither. :D I'll be shopping for a plow this spring. ussmileyflag

13. Neige

Neige Sponsor

14. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

15. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

I asked them many questions about USM contracts and asked if I could read over their contract and the guy tells me I will get a contract when I agree to do the site lol. Then he sends me to another person that I ask my questions to again and she would only fax me a Service Requirement. I call her back and ask a few more questions about the price the guy gave me and I told her they where low and she said know they are very low but we wont to show them we can do a great job at that price and then maybe get a better price next year" I then told her you get what you pay for and she didnt respond I had to ask if she was still there.

What I have a hard time with is Walmart got USM to cut the plow budget which now it goes from Walmart to USM then to the contractor now USM is going thru Property Maintenance Co Now it goes

1-Walmart handing out Half the $$$$ from last year
    2-USM taking a cut from a already low price
    3-Property Maintenance Co getting a cut from USM low ass price
    4- what the hell is left for the guy that goes out and does the work.

16. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Until now... Pinnacle/AMS - Great management company, signs my contracts, pays within 30 days, nothing off the top, no penalties, no fuss, no muss, just a great company to work for!

The USM/SMG/Symbiot type companies that do nothing but degrade this industry give "national management companies" a bad name, but there are good one's out there to work for. All comes down to the customer though. If they're dumb enough to fall for USM/SMG/Symbiot's sales tactics, they deserve what they get. There is no such thing as a free lunch, and you can't cut costs in this industry without cutting quality. There are management companies out there that do get it, and thankfully there are plenty of other customers that still get it too.

17. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I have their contract right here. Seven pages. They emailed it to me six weeks ago when they contacted me to see if we were interested in working with them. I had no interest, but told them I'd look at their contract, if they wanted to send it. It's generic, not specific to any one client or location.

18. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I'm not sure why this thread continues. OP, you already know that you don't want this contract or to work with people who are obviously not shooting straight with you. Just walk away and don't even give it another thought. Don't be fooled by their "carrots". Again, I know, that you know, that you don't want anything to do with them. Remember, you were looking for job when you found this one. The sea is full of fish. You get the picture.

19. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

I asked for Property Maintenance contract not USM

20. JKMATHIEU

JKMATHIEU Junior Member

Thanks for the info! Rather refreshing to hear they CAN exist.