1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just Got My recall for my 2004

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by spacolee, Feb 23, 2005.

1. spacolee

spacolee Member
    from canada

Well I just got the recall for my Truck the Toroq shift the low/reverse gear pinion shaft that may become loose causing metallic particle contamination it may lead to hash shifts delayed forward/reverse engagements. The recall is on 250 320 450 550 super duty Econoline and Excursions. equipped with a 5R110 Torq Shift Trans. Well I am glad they are going to do something about it.Mine went in again 2 day before the recall notice came in the mail. It went in 6 weeks ago and the dealer said it was fixed but when I went plowing it still had the delay. I told him that on this site lots of people were having problems with the trany and he said the drivers always know the problems before ford does. Thanks again for this site I use it lots for info on all of my problems. :) :) :)
  2. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

We just sent our 05 550 in for that recall and it should be done monday.
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

we just got our 04 f550 back. we made an appt to have it checked out before something went wrong, but two days before the appt. it started slamming into gear and slipping. brought it in, redid the torque convereter, put a new tranny cooler on it, new filter set up, fixed the recall items and flusehd the system and made sure no particles anywhere. hopefully it will be good to go. plowed one storm with it already and no problems yet. maybe they fixed it :)
  4. spacolee

spacolee Member
    from canada

Just picked up mine, hope it is fixed now. I just need snow to try it out. :) :)
  5. Xtra

Xtra Member

Thursday my trans went (after experiencing the slow drive to reverse engagement and sometimes harsh shifts) the gear pack froze and the trans developed a crack at the filler tube and puked fluid.

So, I missed plowing the storm Friday. Now I'm missing this latest storm . . . they say my truck should be ready by the end of business today.

Some info about the "replacement". After disassembling the dealer will do a cost assessment and submit it to Ford Corp. if the cost of repair is over $1,800 you get a new transmission (or reuse your case with all new components) if below $1,800 they just rebuild what's broken, but get this - - - the warrantee will be only for 1 year on the newly rebuilt trans!!!! :angry:
    So, if your trans goes make sure they don't just "rebuild it".