1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just got my plow on my 08 Silverado HD

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mossman381, Dec 5, 2009.

1. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

I just got my plow installed on my 08 Chevy HD. It is the older unimount type. Had to get the ultramount to unimount adaptor and convert the plow to a 3 plug setup. I also had to update the lights. It all turned out good. If I would have known how much it was going to cost to convert this plow over, I would have sold it and bought a new ultramount. It is over and done with now. I am really going to enjoy plowing with this truck. They are making the new trucks better and better every year. The truck has all kinds of power and is an automatic. I have been plowing the last 2 years with a chevy 5 speed manual. Here are some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

looks good dude . hey quick questions when you upgrade to the night hawks lights did the dealer sell you new light bracket like on ultramounts ?

3. mossman381

Thanks. I made my own bracket for the lights. I took a flyer for a new plow when I was at the dealer, and used the picture to copy the light mount on the new plows. I need the western sticker to finish it off. The dealer said they had an adaptor bracket for $60. Not sure what it looks like.

4. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

most of the ones i saw where 2 small bracket that bolts off old headlamp stud hole . and then had 2 holes drilled in them nighthawkes to bolt too. i like your's much better

5. mossman381

I figured for $60 they were not much more than a small bracket.

6. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Looks GREAT!!!!......Good Luck this winter...payup

7. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Nice looking truck and the rims look good also.

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice looking truck and plow.

9. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I like what you did to make it look like a Ultramount, lights look good also. Can you get some close up picks of how you adapted for the lights, might want to try and do same thing to mine. I adapted my unimount to my 07 HD also.

10. Elite_Maint

Elite_Maint Senior Member

Nice looking truck!.. did you add anything to the front suspension? Timbren's? On my 2010 I was think of putting a levelling kit on the front should raise it about 2"???

11. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking set up

12. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

i am not much of a chevy man but that it was heck of a nice lookin truck....good luck this year.

13. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice set up.

14. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

awesome looking setup you have...love the rims

15. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a fun setup

16. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking truck. You will love those new lights on there. Trust me, they are sooooo much better than the old ones.

17. mossman381

I will try to get some pic today.

18. mossman381

I havn't done anything to the suspension. I wanted to see how far the plow made the truck sag. It is not too bad, but I too would like my truck leveled out. When I get the money I am going with a cognito kit. This is the kit I will be starting with. http://www.norcaltruck.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=2_386&products_id=1066

19. mossman381

I can't wait to see how well they work. I know the old lights are pretty much junk.

20. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

hey mossman what size tires do you have and do they rub. I am looking to change the stock tires on my 07 they look to small for the truck but don't want them to rub on the fender thanks Ron