1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just got back from the toy store...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimate plow, Nov 11, 2004.

1. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Just got back from my local snowplow dealer..R.A. adams enterprises. Man I was dreaming when I walked outta there. I kick myself in the A** for not buying the western pro plus. I bought the regular western ultra mount last season for my chevy 3500 dump truck...The reason I went there because I needed to replace my rear oval strobe LED box. They had all their plows and salters set up inside. They has all the western models out including the MVP which I really liked. They also had all the fishers bosses and snow ways on display. I also really liked to fisher X-blade. Im thinking of buying a snow-ex vee pro 8000 for my dump truck. Do you guys now how well they operate and is it worth buying? It about a half hour drive there but it was worth it...I also dropped my truck off after at the local police equipment shop. Im getting my lightbar installed...Thats gonna cost about 350.00...I also bought one of their used 6 switch boxes....He offers a 5 year warrenty....Just letting you guys know.....Anyone else getting ready?
    Thanks guys!

Please lets get lots of snow in the chicagoland area thisyear! :drinkup:

2. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

Hey!
    I am in Lake in the Hills Too! I just had RA Adams put a snow way on my 2500 3 weeks ago. Not a bad price but I think those guys need a little more training! That X-Blade on the floor at Adams was a good looking plow! Nice to see someone from the area on here and I am also hoping for a ton of snow!

3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

4. PLOWGRRL

PLOWGRRL Member

you passed me. I live by them.
    They are on Route 120 - Elm Street. Next to culver's!

5. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

That's great! Now there are two people from the area! Keep an eye out for me and if you see THIS TRUCK stop and stop to say hello.

6. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I will do that! If we can get some snow now! :realmad:

7. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Hey GUYS

hope for snow around chicagoland we all need it. hope to see ya guys around.. :waving:

95 Dodge ram 2500
    BOSS 8.2 Power v

Last edited: Nov 14, 2004
  8. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Snow Wanted

I'll second that... payup
    Hope to see you guys around this year!

9. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

Since you all live close to me, I have a question. What should I ask for as a SUB ($$$)? I have a new truck, 8' plow, some experience and insurance.

10. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

Seems like that RA Adams place is pretty popular. Looking for a price on a 6' snoway predator ST, I'll have to give them a call.

11. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

rhino i would say to try and get somewhere in between $50 to $65 an hour .

12. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

Actually, I'm seeing some used 7'-6" blades.....the clear plastic. Anyone think that would totally kill my Cherokee?