1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just got a Hiniker anything I need to know

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by loc, Aug 30, 2011.

1. loc

loc Junior Member

I just bought a used Hiniker plow. The plow is 5 years old and the pump and all wiring is only 2 years old. It is 7.5 straight blade. Is there anything I need to know about this plow or pump before I run it this winter. Any common problems to watch for. thanks It is going on the truck next week. I will post up some pictures then.

2. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

They are pretty reliable plows, espically if used sensably.

3. grassmowerman

grassmowerman Junior Member
    from Indiana

I am interested in a Hiniker C Plow anything I need to know. Have found a two year old 9".

4. Pullin&Plowin

Pullin&Plowin Junior Member
    from SE WI

make sure the down coil on th frony of the pump motor is a two wire coil the old internally grounded ones are prone to failure. its a real pain when you cant lower your blade!

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

The only thing I can think of is related to the down coil as well. If you are going to be out of the truck for a while (shoveling) bump the controller out of float, the coil stays energized when it's if float and it will get hot

6. topdj

topdj Senior Member

keep the cable connections clean and lubed, I been using fluid film on all of them for years with no issues.
    when I get a new plow I fluid film all the welds where it rusts first. I also coat the plow for storage. I just pressure wash it once a year and re-coat.
    and don't forget to put the little jack stand up when you hook up the plow and down when your removing :)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  7. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

Make sure When unhooking to put controller in float and go out and push the lift cylinder in or you will have a heck of a time getting it back on.

8. topdj

topdj Senior Member

:mechanic: I forgot that one and I'm guilty of it too :)