1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just got a good call

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clark lawn, Nov 27, 2007.

1. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i got in from work today and there was a message on the machine that i got the bid. commercial job they want to go per push but it will be $500 per push with salt should take about 2-2.5 man hours. i bid it high but i was the only one able to pruduce the proper insurance.payup:redbouncewesport:drinkup:

2. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Great Catch :) Just keep them happy and you may have them for many years. If you have time, remember to send the decision maker a card thanking them for their business.

3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Good JOB !!!!!

What was the Insurance they wanted?

4. Leisure Time LC

Leisure Time LC Senior Member

congrats on the job. It sounds like it will keep you busy

Good luck

5. clark lawn

from NE ohio

million dollar liability general and vehicle.most places around here usaually dont care if your insured or not they just want it cheap.they had an incident last year and the contractor was not insured and the he disapeared.in 5 years ive only had 3 places ask for insurance.one was a gvernment job the other a large corparation and now this one.

6. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Sounds like a good ole' pimp slap right in the face of the lowballers!!!!!wesport

7. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

I love to get those calls I give proof of insurance on all jobs.

8. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

yeah walkers, we can see you're reviewing your policy in your avatar!:)

9. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

1 mill is all they wanted? I though every one had 1 mill

10. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That's kinda funny, because like stated above, everyone has at least $1 mil. in liability. Oh yeah, congrats on the great job! Hope it goes great for you.

11. clark lawn

from NE ohio

i was in charge of getting bids for snow removal at out FD this year,i cant bid since im on the deptment, anyway i sent out 3 RFP with all the standered insurance stuff listed got 1 back called a few places and most of them said they have never been asked for insurance and dont think they have that kind of coverage.like i said most places around here dont care they just want it as cheap as possible,until something happens.