1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just got 8611lp today

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by mine496, Oct 28, 2008.

1. mine496

mine496 Junior Member

was the that sold it to me off by telling me to hook it to a 97 dodge 3/4 ton with a diesel?

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Umm...your post didn't make any sense. But aside from that, got any pictures of your plow? Those 8611s must push some serious snow.

3. mine496

mine496 Junior Member

my new 8611lp

was the guy that sold me an 8611lp for my 3/4 ton dodge deisel truck off by telling me it could handel it?

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Blizzard's site shows the 8611 as a match for your truck. That cummins will push anything infront of that blade no problem...as long as you have traction.

5. mine496

mine496 Junior Member

im putting 4 300lb skidloader tires in back for weight hope thats enough the blizzard site said the strait blade was all i could install. what about the "danger wings" or is that pushing it?

6. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

The truck will push anything with enough weight in back and good winter tires.
    I would stay away from J's Danger Wings for the Lopro. The Lp wings are not as stout as the 810's and they do need some work to beef them up to handle the Danger Wings.