1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just got 2011 F350 6.7L/Plow?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by G.McNeill&Son, Jun 10, 2011.

1. G.McNeill&Son

G.McNeill&Son Member

Just got the new 6.7 desiel on F350. Any thoughts on what to run for a Fisher. I will say though I had a 8' Blizzard on my 2003 F250 6.0 & loved it. The 8 years I had the Blizzard I honestly only had it go down 3 times & I had it running again with-in a couple hours. The problem is I run all Fisher's & it was a pain in the ass stockin parts & teaching my guys the in/outs. Not sure which Fisher- Wing blade, V blade, Straight. Any info will be greatly appreciated. We have a 9' HD Fisher on a F350 dump desiel w/ a 2.5yrd Air Flo & the plow set-up seems to be not keeping up with the abuse. Any thoughts on the municapal set-ups. The 9' is tripping to easy & blowing hoses. The ears on the bottom of the springs keeps bending over . Also the inch/half pisten seem to be small.

Thanks again
  2. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

We run the 8 1/2' Fisher V-Plows on all of our Super Duty trucks except two. One of those has an older 9' (yellow) straight blade and the other has a 9' stainless straight blade. To tell you the truth, none of our guys like the 9' Fishers because they're just too big and heavy and trip way too easy - even with extra springs added on the old one.

As for the V-Plows, we have 3 of the Extreme V stainless X-blade variety and 3 of the older (yellow) ones. Quite honestly, the X-Blades don't seem to be built as well. We've broken and replaced or re-welded some pretty weird stuff on the newer plows that just never went south on the older (heavier) stuff. Just my 2 cents though.
  3. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

If you liked the blizzard have you thought of getting the fisher xls. Same idea as the blizzard but it is yellow.
  4. damian

damian Senior Member

fisher blizzard and western all owned by same company. damian is always around in a storm,metro and the others close at 5 and not on weekends. we got leftovers from 2010 deals.