1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just Getting Started

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by fordplowdude, Dec 9, 2005.

1. fordplowdude

fordplowdude Member

Next winter, i'm planning on getting into the snow removal industry doing mostly all residential and possibly a small comercial lot. Im trying to figure as much as I can before next season. I have a few questions that I figured I would ask the seasoned plowers. Do I need to have comercial insurance on my truck? Right now my truck is covered under business insurance with regualr passanger plates. My next question is if I need comercial insurance, that would mean that I need to change my registration to comercial. How would I register my truck comercially if I don't own a business. I am an employee for a construction company and snowplowing I would be doing on my own. Do any of you guys that plow on your own start a business that is strickly snowplowing? Also, most of the people that I see post pics of the trucks don't have names on the side which I thought was required if it was registered comercially.

Sorry long post. Just trying to figure it all out before I go spending a couple of grand on a snowplow. Thanks

2. smurf76

smurf76 Junior Member

Pa Or Md

I have a F-250 with my business signed on all 3 sides no DOT numbers or anything special. Can't tell ya if I am legal but I havn't had any problems in 4 years.

Chad from pa

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4. fordplowdude

fordplowdude Member

Thanks for your help. It really clarified my questions for me. I guess I will start a snowplowing business for next season.