1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just for fun. 2004-2005 predictions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bolts Indus., Aug 19, 2004.

1. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Just for fun Let's predict what kind of winter in snowfall amounts we are going to get for our individual area and on April 1 2005 we return to this post and answer truthfully what we got.

Prediction -- Nova Scotia, Canada -- Above normal amounts. Some realy big storms.

2. Raydon

Raydon Member

above average snowfalls. Early December start ending April 1 with a 12 incher. Plllleeeeasepayup

3. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Cleveland Ohio. At the rate our weather is going in the can this year I want to say we might have a horrible winter. But as recent years have shown Ill go with 100 inches, give or take a few.

4. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

Richmond NH i would say we are going to get above normal, starting end/mid october with some giant storms. 180"+

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Starting October 20; 6" every other day till April 15thpayup :bluebounc . Really, I'm guessing a couple of big storms and above average; maybe 120". Playing the law of averages, it should happen. It's been below average around here for the past three years.

The wife just said if we get 6" every other day, she's not going to make her 25 mile commute to work:( .

Last edited: Aug 20, 2004
  6. Sumit14641

Sumit14641 Junior Member

Cleveland, Ohio Last time we had a summer like this it turned out to be a warm winter...hoping for the best 120" yahoo!

7. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

PSDF450... Since you got a new plow it won't snow this year. ( laws of what ever that go against us) My prediction for my area, Not alot of snow but plenty of salt runs. I really dont' know. Our weather is SO unpredictable for around here. Just fiqured I'd be different.

8. pasto_guy

pasto_guy Member

Doesn't matter how many inches at time for me. I'd prefer three 3" storms per week. By the size of the caterpiller I saw the other day, we should be in for a pretty good winter here. I also have heard that if there is a lot of foggy mornings in August then it will be a bad winter. Hope it all holds true and good luck to all.

9. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

thanks for the promotion:) i know how that works but i live in an area that does get alot of snow, and where due this year plus. the weather pattern is ripe for lots and lots of snow. but you can never count out murphy's law.

10. bobingardner

bobingardner Senior Member

I've wanted a plow since I was 13. I'm 50 now and can finally afford to get one. My prediction: No snow, average temp in low 70s.

11. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I know the feeling. For the past couple of years, my wife has been calling my plows "snow insurance" - the plows insure that it won't snow.:(

12. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

for NW Ohio I will have to say in the 40-60" range.... the last time we had a cool summer like this was right before the blizzard of 78' :eek:

13. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

I agree with Big Nate's Plowing. I hope to get many 2-4 inch runs this Winter. The big stuff can stay away all the nice little snow a mounts to make that money would be nice.
    Good Luck Pros
    Bchlawns

14. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

what part of Ohio are you in?

15. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 Member

Well, I'm in Missouri and finally buying a plow this year, so like Mick said, that should be some good snow insurance for my area.

16. firststarkid

firststarkid Junior Member

Poquoson, VA I just started offering snow removal and plowing. If i get 4" all winter i will be lucky .

17. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Niagara Falls -- Lots of snow, except in the neighbourhoods I work in.... :(

I'm hoping for a late start but then stead storms, two per week would be nice starting around New Years....

:D

18. Triton Snow Systems

Triton Snow Systems Banned

North Central Illinois. Pretty sure we are going to get it this year. Last time we had weather this cold in August we got nailed.

19. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

My guess for Central Ohio is 50 inches. Hope for a lot more and plan for the worst. Have a great winter season.

JP

20. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I hope we get alot, we did'ent last year, just two good storms and a whole lotta cold temps. Temps around 28-31 and lots of snow would be great, hope for at least 80" won't copunt on more than 30".