1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just finished my Western 7'6" refurbish

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by growitmowitlawn, Nov 15, 2009.

1. growitmowitlawn

growitmowitlawn Member

This was my first time doing anything like this. It went very well and wasn't very expensive. I still have to flush out the pump, replace two hoses, and put new fluid in it but I think it turned out well. Here are the before pics.

DSCF1233.jpg

DSCF1234.jpg

DSCF1235.jpg

2. growitmowitlawn

growitmowitlawn Member

more pics

Here is after I cut the bolts off to get the cutting edge off, and the mount without the blade.

DSCF1241.jpg

DSCF1240.jpg

3. growitmowitlawn

growitmowitlawn Member

more pics

After filling some holes and priming it.

DSCF1250.jpg

DSCF1251.jpg

4. growitmowitlawn

growitmowitlawn Member

more pics

After sandblasting and doing a little welding (this was of course before the priming, just found these pics)

DSCF1248.jpg

DSCF1249.jpg

5. growitmowitlawn

growitmowitlawn Member

finished product

Here is the finished product. Looks brand new to me. Got it for free and to me it looks like a million bucks. I like having good looking stuff and this will definately help.

Just got done tearing down another plow today now that I can move this one out of the garage. This will be my second one so hopefully it turns out just as well or better. Need it done fast, snow is coming soon!

DSCF1255.jpg

DSCF1254.jpg

DSCF1253.jpg

6. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Paint is your best friend Looks great.....