1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just finished my 1st season....I loved it!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Sweetpete, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Hey Everyone:

I got into plowing last fall with the purchase of my truck and setup and made my initial investment back by March.

I couldn't be happier. Seems like a pretty welcoming "community". See ya out there. Feel free to give me any pointers or warnings.

Look forward to talking with you guys!!

2. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

just checking it out, sorry!!
  3. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Welcome to plowsite. Its not as active in here as when its december-march... There is tons of info, and if you have a question, you can use the search bar that is up on top, and if you cant find it, you can post it. The guys on here are really cool, if they cant help you they can guide you to someone who can. Anyway, cool beans on your new rig and welcome to plowsite.

BTW: what state are you in, and what kinda rig do you work with?
  4. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Sorry it took so long, Premier. I have an 04 F250 5.4 with a 7.5 Meyer plow.
    I live in Cleveland, Ohio. We get dumped on pretty good, and last season was the most snow we've ever received.

Thanks for the pointers, plowers are a culture all their own. They are also, some of the nicest guys I've met. You figure, we're the only ones out at 2 a.m. and in a position to help others when they need it.

Thanks again....nice pic too. That's a great truck.
  5. michigan Joe

michigan Joe Junior Member

Whats up guys, last year was my first year as well. We didn't get as much snow as I expected for northern michigan, but nonetheless it was the best winter of my life. Almost august already, snow will be here soon... Not soon enough.
  6. mdd

mdd Member

Cleveland here also... welcome
  7. TriCountySnow

TriCountySnow Member

Tri-County Snowplowing & Ice Control

Glad you new guys like it your right sweetpete plowing is a blast, it take a special type of person to run a plow truck, my employees are some of the greatest men on earth, i ask alot of them but they give me so much more in return, we usally start out about 1230 at night they will plow all day up until usaual 900 or 10 at night, go home and call saying that they think we should start early the next day. i love those guys they are like brothers to me, we fight amoung ourself but that is the lack of sleep, every July i take them and there familys on vaction with us, last yr we went for a cruise up around alaska area i guess they loved it. helps keep them happy, after all they are the reason that i do i million dollars a yr. in snow. thanks guy.
  8. Business

Tri County how many pieces of equipment does it take to make a " million " in one snow season??
  9. jfalkingham

jfalkingham Junior Member

Hi Pete, glad to hear you had a great first year. What did you do? Sub, town, residential? This winter will be my first and I researching best options...
  10. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

7.5 meyers you must be driving in the snow curl alot. 7.5 is on the small side for the f 250 you should have an 8-8.5 blade to cover your tire width when angled. i just sold my 8' western to go up to the 8'-10' blizzard power plow. keep your eyes out for a larger blade youll see how much better it is when you can plow the width of your truck.

11. G.L. In Ont

G.L. In Ont Member

New In Canada

Hey guys -- newbie here also -- upcoming winter will be my first season. I have just purchased an '03 GMC 2500 (6.0L gas) ext. cab with an 8' Fisher HD straight blade (minute mount 1). Am really looking forward to it and hoping I have the same great feedback that Pete has.

Pete (and others), any pointers as I get going? I am hoping to start out doing some commercial work for a friend that has been in the business for a looong time.

Thanks all, G.
  12. TriCountySnow

TriCountySnow Member

A small Army of equipment, Loaders Dumps pickups and oskosh snow blowers for the really big stuff,
  13. RHarrah

RHarrah Member

Tri-County, I see that you are in N.E. Ohio. What city if I may ask?
  14. TriCountySnow

TriCountySnow Member

Ashtabula County, About 20 mins from erie pa
  15. bigjeeping

bigjeeping Senior Member

I can't wait to start this winter I'm PUMPED. :bluebounc
    Hope to do a million here also!