1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just Earned All My Money Back

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by 32vld, Feb 7, 2016.

1. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Snow can never be counted on here so when I bought my plow I was not sure if I would make enough to cover what I spent for the plow this year. Glad I earned enough to pay back the money I spent for a plow in the first season.

People that said plows shorter then 7.5 and your tires will be riding on the snow. Well all as I can say to that, is they were right.

Makes me sort of wish I had bought the Snow Dogg 7.5 or the Suburbanite 7'4". Though I have some jobs that are really tight and the 6"8" Meyer made it easy to maneuver. Who knows for sure if the Snow Dogg would of still been maneuverable enough. And the salesman said the Suburbanite would not stand up to commercial work.

Just that I wish the plow was 2" longer on each side. Total 7' length.

Any way I hope I can afford to put on a pull plow for next year. Maybe a Daniels.

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Get some wings

3. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Who has wings for the Meyer DP 6'8"?

4. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

I am just the opposite of you. My first setup 37 years ago was a 6 foot Meyers on a 1979 Jeep CJ7. I now have a 2015 F350 with an 8 foot Western. This Ford setup is too big for the Residential Work that I do. I have 3 small Commercial accounts that a 6 foot plow would handle

5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I don't see Meyer brand wings. But pro wings are somewhat popular. I'm sure you'll get a 2nd opinion soon

6. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

Buyers makes em

7. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

8. dstifel

dstifel Senior Member
    from Iowa

9. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

I also have Meyer - a 6.5 BTW on a 00 TJ. Get the rite work n your fine. I plow commercial - covienence stores, small condos. In the Blizz I sent a bill in for 34 hrs. N you don't want wings if you have a jeep or small truck! Plow is small for a reason. These vehicles aren't made to push that much snow at once. Steady as she goes. Just keep it moving n adding $$ to that bank acct! Continued Good luck!

10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

^ are you serious, Clark?...

op, you can find a set of "wings"
    now, the plow will weight as much as the 7.5 would have or more.

live and learn, good luck.

11. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

[​IMG]

You crack me up Sno

12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I could have been a a-$-$
    And just said,
    "We told you so....."
    But I didnt,

Mn nice.;)

13. Philbilly2

Very true. You have a very nice way of putting things. Obvious bunt Blunt

14. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

7' is a really good size for a lot of vehicles, but a lot of plow makers skip that size and jump from 6'8" to 7'6". Older vehicles from around 1990 are good with the 6'8", but vehicles made now tend to be just enough wider than they were back then that you need that extra 4 inches to make it clear. Thing is, all the way to 7'6" can be just a little bit too much, especially when you're dealing with tight spaces or deep snow. With deep snow, extra width can make it a lot harder to break through, so you need to minimize the extension.

15. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

For Meyer, you can still get the old 7' steel moldboard n A frame from storksauto.com. Theyre in Reading, PA. Ask for Jeen. Tell him Tim from NJ sent ya!

16. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

What vehicles from around 1990 are good with a 6'8" plow and what has made the wider since then?

17. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Graduate of Buff's school of people skills.

I was expelled.

18. Philbilly2

I was a drop out

19. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Quitter..............