1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just Curious

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by diggerman, Nov 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Will the moderators be shutting down posts THEY feel are "going no were" or "off topic" on a more regular basis?Just curious so I know to be more concious about pleasing the moderator Gods with my posts.

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

No, we will NOT be closing threads left and right. Sometimes, a thread does drift very far from the original topic, and members here need to think about it before replying with something that could be a thread of it's own. I know many times threads drift, and it's expected. Some great info comes out that way. By closing a thread, we can insure that any replies will be posted as a new topic, or even a "part 2" if that's what someone wants to call it. Remember, anyone can start a thread about a new topic :)

I myself am guilty of replying "off topic" to threads here, and I think we all are. We just have to try and stay on topic of the subject. If anyone feels they want to discuss issues that are not part of the original topic, please feel free to start a new thread :)

Thanks!

~Chuck

3. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Let's see now.... how can I get THIS tread 'off topic' ???

4. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

I know... I know....

This is my last post for about a week. Going to the Green Industry Expo tomorrow. SIMA Board meeting Saturday night. Lots of fun otherwise.....

Talk to you all late next week.....

Is that far enough off-topic ???

Don't bother answering... I won't get it until late next week.

Keep smiling.

5. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

More than one way to get the thread count up

6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Plus for me, I hate wading through the original 25 posts to get to the one I want to read, also when looking at the topic, I cant remember what the current last post was. Like chuck said, alot of times the thread drifts to an area that is just as informational, as the thread that was started, so that bears a topic of its own. But when a billing issue, which was a great topic, wanders off to urethane edges, then I believe that it was time to end it.
    Dino

7. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

Shouldn't new thread starters get a new bumper sticker, a John Allin rookie card, a Dino prayer rug, an Iowastorm empty beer can, a can of Chuck's toxic spray paint and Digger's all knowing swami hat?

8. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Iowa,

Welcome back. Thought you were MIA. Sucked up by a tornado or something. I got that John Allin rookie card if you want it. Maybe trade for one of your beer cans, and one of diggers hats. I already have one of Dino's Urethane prayer rugs, and of course, my toxic paint.

~Chuck
    (e mail me if ya want that rookie card! csmith669@aol.com.
    We can have some fun while John's away! ;) )

9. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Maybe he can send me my swami hat so at least I have one.

10. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

Chuck; Glad somebody missed me. Heck, my wife didn't even know I was gone; a tornado blew my refridgerator box away and I've had nowhere to live. Don't you think that Digger would make a good moderator???? I am a little upset that Dino closed and deleted the threat from god; I was just starting to have some fun with him. Bummer.

Snow in the forecast for next week and I'm nowhere ready. Bette start praying to the magicsalt gods for help!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.