1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just curious

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Psyclopse, Dec 17, 2000.

1. Psyclopse

Psyclopse Member

Out of all the plow parts catalogs I have, and from all the websites I have ever been to, why doesn't anyone sell just the moldboard? You see them in the diagram, but only as reference. What if something happened (like a wreck or something) where the moldboard is damaged, but all else is fine or repairable? Or, another scenario, what if someone had a smaller board and wanted to upgrade to a larger one, but keep their current hardware? I don't need to buy one, but I am curious as to why this "part" isn't listed for sale with other replacement parts. This goes for any brand.
  2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

When you in the catolouges, most are selling aftermarket parts. You can go to a dealer and buy just a moldboard if you like. CPW since they deal in new complete units may also be able to supply you with a moldboard if you called and asked Bill.
  3. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

you can order a moldboard for your plow, just call and ask. my friend from the fire department got one from CPW for his meyer. they probably have them in stock.

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

J Thomas sells just the moldboard.
  5. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict