1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just checking my prices

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Ram5500, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Ram5500

Ram5500 Junior Member

hi new hear been doing commercial snow removal for 15 years I have had the same account since I started . I decided to bid on some new stuff and wondering if I'm too high . So I bid on a plaza roughly 2 1/2 acres they wanted salt include sidewalks include with environmental ice melt about 1400 ft.² of sidewalk I priced it at $30'000 for the year.

2. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

What is your location? You had the same client for 15 years, I would say your pricing is probably in line. Just base it off your other commercial sites. How many events?

3. Ram5500

Ram5500 Junior Member

I would say around 30 times a year around 70 to 80 inches per year

4. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Location makes a big differnce when pricing. To me $30,000. sounds high but I'm in Mich. It all depends on your location, how much snow you get, how many pushes per year, what the trigger is and so on. That lot might go for $10,000. where I'm at.

FredG likes this.
  5. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

X2 I thought it was high to. 30 trips sounds like a lot to. Accept for some extra salt trips. We base ours on 25 trips but that is over kill. Seldom make that amount of trips. That's how it's done here tho.

6. Ram5500

Ram5500 Junior Member

7. Ram5500

Ram5500 Junior Member

Prices are so different it crazy this place is a Strip mall with lots of traffic and people and in their contract they require a site supervisor to be on site to they want this place black zero tolerant

8. LapeerLandscape

If its zero tolerance you wont even need a snow plow, just tons and tons of salt. Think about it zero tolerance means no snow on the lot.

9. Ram5500

Ram5500 Junior Member

I have a site that's just a little over an acre and I get $22000 a year so I was kinda going off That I'm sure there's guys that will do it cheaper but at the end of the day it has to be worth it

10. Ram5500

Ram5500 Junior Member

Lol no I get it but hard to salt 6 inches at a time maybe I'm being a little light on how much snow we get we are in the snow squall zone

11. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

You got a site supervisor there I would stay at the 30K. You could have a supervisor that is not educated on snow and ice. I would also wear my thick skin when you go there. If they think they need a on site snow wizard why don't they do it there self. Be careful and if you don't like it there let them fire you. Good luck with this one.

12. LapeerLandscape

I think they want him to supply a site supervisor.

13. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

That would be reasonable enough, Somebody got to be in charge. That just means don't send some yahoo's over there without somebody in charge, I guess I misunderstood him.

14. Ram5500

Ram5500 Junior Member

That's the problem with tendering snow this Company had a 42 page contract very pacific so if you price to what they want it cost money but the next guy you know is not going to do the same so hard to price unless you're comparing apples to apples which never happened

15. Ram5500

Ram5500 Junior Member

I guess I'm lucky I get paid really good for are sites we have only Lost one contract in 15 years so that should speak for my service but I no it comes down to money for most of these corporations . I know last year the Costco want for 25K 5 1/2 acres that's crazy but I also know they called another company to clear loading docks in the middle of a storm because they couldn't find their contractor lol and I did see cars getting pulled out of the entrances in a snowstorm you get what you pay for

16. Ram5500

Ram5500 Junior Member

Plus I want to buy a dodge hellcat this year so got to get good money lol

17. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Sounds like some NSP did not pay somebody if the contractor went south, LoL how embarrassing and the funds lost because there was no access. Towing cars out of the parking area..:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:
    BTW why don't you want to list your location? The state is good enough.

18. Ram5500

Ram5500 Junior Member

I didn't think I put my locations ?

19. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

You didn't, Your state is not to personal to post.

20. Ram5500

Ram5500 Junior Member

Ok well I'm in Ontario