1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just brought this Chevy home

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Banksy, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I just grabbed this today. 1990, 2500, 4x4, 350, 3 speed auto (T400?), Cheyenne trim and 8600 gvw. 179k miles. All stock except a nicely done Flowmaster exhaust (quiet). Motor is dry as a bone. Only rust is a couple small spots on the cab corners. Frame and rest of body clean. Ran without a hiccup for the hour ride home. Bought it from a cop whos family had it for a spare horse trailer hauler. Got it for $2000.

Needs tires, steering work, a/c fixed and a really really good bath. The bottoms of the front tires kind of flare out just slightly and it has 285's on it. It seems high. I wonder if they have the T-bars cranked? Anyway to know?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  2. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

That is sharp for a 22 year old pickup.

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I thought so. I don't know what my plans are for it yet. I'm gonna do some work before putting tags on it.

4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

awesome deal....if it sits level and seems to ride hard in the front, prob crancked...rmember if you change them you will need the front end reajusted

5. Theplower

Theplower Junior Member

The paint on that truck looks great for a 1990.

6. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

Thats a sharp looking truck! Looks Good!

7. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Awesome find!

8. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I wish it was me that found that.

Does it have a full floater or semi floater rear end?

9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I haven't looked yet. I'm going to guess full floater, but I'll go out and check in a bit.

10. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck Banksy! Good luck with the project.

11. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I was wrong. It's the semi-floater axle, I guess it's called. I can't find what gears are in it. I looked on the door and the glove box.

All gauges work, all lights work, radio works, heat and controls work. I'm quite pleased so far. Starts easy and sounds good while cranking. The cheapy brand battery seems a little small, but it works. The interior is a mess. A new vinyl floor and seat upholstery are going to be a must. The rest will clean up fine with soapy water. It just has that film of farm dirt dust on the dash and doors.

It has a gooseneck hitch and ball that I don't need. What are those worth?

12. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

Nice find, good luck with the project.

13. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Nice lookin' Bow-Tie! I love them OBS GM trucks.

14. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Gonna be tough finding a plow around our neck of the woods.

15. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Looks like there might not be much for us to plow again this year.

16. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That's why I refuse to invest too much to plow here. It's good money when we do though. If I can find mounts and wiring, I have access to an 8 foot fisher I can borrow to plow with.

17. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

This truck can help me expand a little in landscaping and I'm thinking about junk and debris removal. Side stuff since I work full time already. I don't like the idea of the truck not earning it's keep.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  18. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Anybody know how to solve the sticky Chevy gas pedal? it's only when you first push it. It drives me crazy!

19. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Thats a nice find, sharp truck !!

20. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Score Thumbs Up very nice truck!!

back in the day we had the same issue on one of the work trucks 88 srw 3500 GMC with the sticky pedal and just put a little stiffer return spring on it. Thumbs Up