1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just Brought Her Home - SHPE2000

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by millsaps118, Oct 30, 2010.

1. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

First V-Box for me. I've heard all about all the problems ppl been having with the older controllers and rolled the dice and bought one anyways. Hope I got a good one. It's MFG date is 06/2010 so hopefully all the bugs got worked out.

You guys who run this or the 1500, do you leave the top screen bolted on? Best baffle setting for running bulk salt and sand/salt 70/30????

Will post pic of install next week........

shpe2000.jpg

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

nice. i cant wait to hear how it works out for you.

3. millsaps118

Thx Steve...can't wait to see how it performs. I'll keep you updated on the pricematch deal too.

4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

ive heard that the newer digital controllers are the ones with the problems and the older dial style is the more reliable one. thats what our dealer told us when we went to get a price, he said buyers is shipping the older style until they fix the ones with the digital readouts.

5. millsaps118

I have the digital, I wonder if all the digital controllers are having problems and if I could test mine before I have my first time out with it and see if I can get it to fail????

Anyone using a digital controller without and problems?

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Are you installing the wiring yourself?

7. millsaps118

Yes. Seems pretty basic. When I mount the v box I think I'm gonna elevate the front a few inches to help with material flow.

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Sent you a PM

9. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I definitely would not do that,first of all the material will flow just fine being level in your box.Second,there's the possibility that if your hopper isn't completely bearing it's weight completely,you will distort it or worse yet,it will crack.Supposedly,you're black digital controller has been re-designed[so said the factory rep.from last season],so that you won't have the same issues that myself and others had on our 2009 purchases.Curious--are the codes now included in the troubleshooting part of your new manual?Last year,you needed your secret decoder ring to understand what was happening.:mad:I'm still wondering what an F1 code means.The F part I've got covered,the 1 is pure conjecture.:)Anyway,I'm glad that my dealer got me the better white faced analog controller.I think I'm going to change out that cheesy wiring harness with those pitiful connectors with a good Karrier unit.

10. millsaps118

That's a good point u made. Last thing I want to do is crack the hopper. I'll check my manual for those trouble shoot codes.

11. chunky

chunky Junior Member

nice

im looking at getting the 2000 Did your box come with the inverted V

12. millsaps118

Not sure if Buyers referes to it as an "inverted v" but as a Trough which is shaped kind of like this: \_/ . Weather it's inverted or verted I couldn't tell ya.

13. chunky

chunky Junior Member

i was asking if it came with the salt box

14. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

There is no inverted V on the Salt Dogg.There's a stainless steel trough with baffles that sits on top of the auger to cushion the weight of your material.

15. PTSolutions

i'll be picking our unit up tomorrow. any heads up on installation issues? tips & tricks?

16. millsaps118

I'd like to know too, I probably won't even have time to get to mine until next week! If you get yours in before then post back and let me know how it went.

17. PTSolutions

just picked mine up yesterday, really busy finishing a retaining wall and parking pad along with 2 aprons this week, not sure when ill get it in lol, gonna be cutting it close!

18. millsaps118

Yep, I'm in the same boat as you. Gonna be cutting it really close, I hate doing things last minute.

19. PTSolutions

ya, just glad i got the 3 boss v's out and checked over a couple weeks ago, still waiting on the blizzard to get done and my rc100 to get fixed.

20. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

we have a shpe1500 and shpe4000 from angelos in oct

installed the 1500 on a 06 f350 no problem. it took about 3 hrs with about a hr of it building the box out of wood to keep it from crashing into the back window so get 2' by 6" and screws plus extended forks and zip ties are about all you need.

only bad thing is were the straps from the tarp go they are junk we have broken 2 already so just use the ratchet strap hold downs but we wired the box up in 20 mins and everything work fine. we have since taken the spinner off and my dad has been hauling around a air compressor for 2 weeks with it still in the back of the truck. he loves that feature