1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just broken in

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Detroitdan, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

2. z400

z400 Member

ha Nice!

the Plow truck at work has a little over 380K on it.

its a GMC sierra, 1500, reg. cab, long bed. 2003
  3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Despite the super high miles, I bet it's worth $2500 to someone, and someone will get a good truck out of it for a while. I just can't believe anything getting THAT many miles in 7-8 years. Heck, it could make the perfect backup plow truck (maybe even a primary for a couple years) for someone. One thing I'd worry about is being from Vermont with COLD winters & some of the worst weather in the northeast. Maybe it's been garaged
  4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

My old company truck had 219k on it when I got it, had 285k when I quit 11 months later (suck job) Last time I saw it it had 315k on it. I bet it's still going. It was an 01 2500 2wd 6.0 liter. It was abused and beaten like a rented mule every day, five days a week. Hauled bobcats and mini-excavators behind it every day, and always had road saws or vibrators or various other construction equipment in it, and bouncing around off-road on jobsites. It was a cheap stripped down truck, but the longer it went the more I loved it. That little truck had a lot of heart.