1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just Bought

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by schatzfan15, Mar 11, 2008.

1. schatzfan15

schatzfan15 Junior Member

i just bought some hide away strobes and i wondering if i should get the switch panel. The product info said you don't have to have it but its more convenient if you do. So i was wondering if any of you didn't have the panel switch at one point or another and how you turned strobes on and off and how u switched there patterns with out panel switch. thanks

2. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

I just put it on a two way rocker switch on the panel beside my steering colum, two wires ( Whelen, Blue/ Green)come of the power supply to that switch that tells the light to work and then I just tied the thread wire (yellow) and spliced of my power wire running in to my power supply to another rocker and left it with the power supply but the thing is I mounted my power supply under my rear set.

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I've had switch panels in all my other trucks except for my current 2500HD. But I was also running more lights than you will be. I had:
    1) Dash Light
    2) Rear Strobe
    3) Front Strobe
    4) Wig-Wag Flasher
    5) Rear Work

All of these were for Emergency Lighting due to my involvement with the Sheriff's Office; except Rear Work. My current truck has 4 switches mounted flush in the dash so they appear to be factory since I have the LT3 interior package in my truck and there's no room for a panel. If you have a strobe power supply than that will most likely be where you switch patterns. I would just get a cheap $50.00 or less panel from www.galls.com and be done with it. All the wiring and mounting hardware is included so you should be set. If you have any other questions or want some pics, let me know. Good Luck.:salute:

4. Lowriderfd44

Lowriderfd44 Senior Member

5. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

YOU SHOULD DO WHAT Lowriderfd44 DID !!!!1