1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just bought

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mmtwin, Mar 6, 2007.

1. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

I just bought 2001 chevy 2500hd with MM pushplates. Don't know if it is I or II. Came with no headgear and blade. There are three adaptors coming out of grill. Thought MM1 had only two plugs. Any help would be great because need to get the rest this spring and summer.
    Thanks Mike

2. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Late MM1 and MM2 have the 3 wire hookup for insta-act hydraulics. Go find yourself and good used 8' MMi or MM2 off truck setup and you're good to go. Pushplates are the same and you can use either series so long as its the 3 wire insta-act system.

3. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

Be very careful what you buy for that Silverado. The Minute Mount heavy duty headgear will not work because of the low ground clearance you have on that truck. In 1999 we used a RD headgear with a different A frame to make 8 ft Fishers work on the new Silverados. Any Minute Mount 2 will fit without any problems. Just be advised to be careful what you buy for a used plow.

4. mayhem

from Peru MA

I have an 8' HD on my 2500, clearance is not a major issue on my truck...definitely shouldn't be on a 2500HD.

5. Al DeMaio

Al DeMaio Junior Member

When someone does not understand Fisher terms they should be very carefull and read what was is written. There is a BIG difference between an 8' HD blade and a heavy duty head gear. The 8' HD Blade will fit on a RD (regular duty) head gear using a special a-frame which I'm sure is what you have (if you have a NEW body style Silverado). If you use a HD (heavy duty) head gear, you will damage the lower gear of the head gear. If you have a 2000 Silverado 2500 you are not using a HD headgear, don't confuse this person. The HD head gear can be identified by stacking stops/loops on the bottom of the head gear. The RD head gear does not have the loop. The HD headgear's a-frame will measure 25-1/4 t0 25-1/2 at the rear (3 hole ears)

6. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

Thanks for info

One other question, What type of plow fits this setup? Straight blade 8' or 9' V what. I've always used conventional setup. So maybe this is a silly question.

7. mayhem

from Peru MA

Learn somthing new every day, thanks.

8. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

Type of plow for your truck

Fisher has a neat E match program on there Web site that will give you the recommended model and size plows available for you truck, use this link. http://fisherplows.com/ematch/vehinfo.asp