1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just Bought the VXT Poly.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Chrisxl64, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

I figured I'd be the guinea pig,(and needed a new plow) decided to go all out, so I went and got my Poly VXT for my 1-ton today. Getting installed next wednesday, will let ya know how it is.

PS.- If you want to get one of these and you can still get pre-season discounts at your dealers for the love of god jump on it, even if it means taking a loan or sumthing, the new poly's are not cheap, and getting it early saved me nearly 2 grand. Though that may be cause its new and he wanted some extra advertising.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  2. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

You will definitely post pics, right? We all love pics of new plows!!:nod:

3. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

If you don't mind how much did you pay, I know when I was talking to my dealer just a little while ago he said he didn't have the new prices but knew they were going to be almost unreasonable. Told me let him know what I wanted this year and he would order it now at last years cost and save me a few. No better time for buying new than now.

Can you get the wings for the XT plows yet?

4. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

yeah they just came out with vxt wings that work with the steel or the poly blades

5. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

wings are running in the 700-800 range.

6. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Im curious as to how buying preseason saved you almost 2 grand? As a distributor, the difference in pricing between pre-season and in season price is usually only a couple hundred bucks. Unless he was just trying to get over on you? But around here, you would pay around $5,800 with complete installation. And then you have your adders for smartlock cylinders, deflector, and wings.

7. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

It's got the smartlocks,new lights, and touch, and was out for the door for quite a bit less than 5800.

8. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i doubt you saved a couple grand unless your dealer just rips people off. new lights are standard on all 08+ boss plows , smarties are around 200 at time of purchase and by touch im assuming you mean controller?

9. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Maybe I should swing over to the boss website but what new lights? Is it something huge or just a newer style housing?

10. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

final tally was 35% off retail.

11. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Basically he just sold it to you at cost. Nice steal Chris!! Post up some pics when its done!!

12. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

:jester::jester::redbounce

13. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

It's on the truck. :p I wish there was an evil grin smiley, I was told I'm the first one installed in CT. Pics are in progress.

14. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

A couple pics was raining will get more.

bossresize.jpg

bossresize2.jpg

15. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

oooooh boy...

Thats gorgeous.

Love the setup.

16. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Thanks man, I love the super duty and I only get about an inch or two drop with the heavy service package and without any ballast The New POLY XT is reallly something,pretty f'ing heavy but hey WTF can't wait for the white stuff. Glad I grabbed the truck that I did and got a MEAN deal on the plow and truck. More pics will show the backrack,toolbox,floodlights, and the 3x7 strobes are soon to be installed on the rack.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  17. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

You got a decent deal...beautiful set up man. If anyones local I think we can do better :) and the install will be free

18. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

Real nice looking rig there... You're gonna have a blast with that XT.

19. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Going to the 6000lb coils sometime in the near future.

20. STROLLOSTOWING

STROLLOSTOWING Junior Member

That is the plow that I sold !!!!! Chris is a fire fighter and We at strollos have the respect for these men and women that risk there lives to keep our property standing !!!! SOOO he gets the best deal from me and the most respect . I still have in stock 30 xtvs and xtv polys . I LOVE PLOW SEASON so much fun when someone drives away smiling because with a BOSS you made there life so much easier .