1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just bought quicken 2004 pro, how do i set up my transactions for hourly?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Journier, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Journier

Journier Junior Member

ok, i put in the program that for plowing im looking at 150.00 for an item or what the program lists as an item....

but it doesnt have a way to break this down into an hourly rate? For example .5 of an hour would be a charge of $75.00.

first time using the program, only thing I can do to the "item" is increase its value by a percentage when i bill it... or decrease it. Or thats the only obvious thing i can do to the item.

Do i have to do the math myself every time? :) I know I must be lazy but for how much this program is, I was hoping it would solve everything for me :)

thanks for the help.
  2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

3. Journier

Journier Junior Member

(smacks forehead)

It is quick books :) i accidentally typed out quicken :/ sorry about that :/
  4. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

OK sorry for the late response,

The item is just the name " snowplowing" so go ahead and edit your item. In description you can say snowplowing, for rate put in 150.00.

Then when you do your invoice call up your item, when you call your item up it will automatically come up as 150, then in your quantity field put in .5 this will put your amount to 75.00 :D

Any other questions call me at (630) 750-2333, Eric

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

When you are doing a invioce under quantity put .5 and then under rate put 150. Then it will automatically calculate it to $75.00 for you

6. Journier

Journier Junior Member

thanks guys :) hah, you know i never even noticed that quantity piece :)

been setting up everything though while waiting to get an answer.

should be set up for this winter, appreciate the help in getting it set up right :)