1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just bought my first sweeper...and have a few ?

Discussion in 'Sweeper Forum' started by Mick76, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I bought a used 60" bobcat sweeper with the gutter broom attachment...... the brushes all poly are now 18 inches in dia...new they're 21"... how much longer can I expect them to last? and where to get replacement brushes? The dealer has them for $8.50 per brush and it'll take 33 brushes....their the "wavey" style...the inside dia is 6 3/8".... if anyone has a lead for new brushes or insite as to how long the current ones will last (ballpark)...that info would be great!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  2. CAG80

CAG80 Member
    from ct

Im not a expert on the subject but im pretty postive that you still have plenty of life left in them. I can check this week on mine to be sure if no one responds with a better answer for you. I also know that you can adjust it with the big bolts on the side of the bucket to make up for the wear..
  3. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Try Keystone Plastics out of NJ. ,
    They may produce those at much lower cost.
  4. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Plowtime...thanks I did call them and their prices are about .50 cents cheaper per brush then the dealer up here...... but when I add in the shipping it'll end up costing more... thanks again for the lead....
  5. chuckpeterson

chuckpeterson Junior Member
    from seattle

broom wear

Having 3 street sweepers I would recommend setting the lightest down pressure as possible that will still clean. If you have an adjustment, set it daily.
  6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the tip, Chuck!
  7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

You have plenty of life left in those brushes. Congrats, You will love the Bobcat sweeper it works great!