1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just bought my first plow!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Ground Control, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Ground Control

Ground Control Member

Well I just got back from the Boss dealer. I bought a power v xt with smartlocks. They are installing it early next week and ill post some pics as soon as I get it back! Now i just hope we get a bunch of snow!!! payup
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

what at tease:cool:
  3. Ground Control

Ground Control Member

haha yea... i cant wait!:nod:
  4. Ground Control

Ground Control Member

I just picked it up! I'll post some pics later today when I get my camera.:redbounce
  5. montanag

montanag Member

Did you get it in Missoula at Missoula Chain Saw or is there a Boss distributor in Great Falls? I'll look forward to the photos.

6. Ground Control

Ground Control Member

I bought it here in Great Falls at HCL Equiptment. Ill have pictures in a few minutes
  7. Ground Control

Ground Control Member

Ok, here's a couple pictures. It was dark though so they arent very good. Ill get some better ones tomorrow. I think I need some timbrens or something in the front to help with the weight....i dont know much about it though so what would you guys suggest?

8. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Looks good,welcome to the XT club
  9. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

awsome, those xt's look great. Now, just to bad its not on a gmc....:nod:
  10. Ground Control

Ground Control Member

Yea....i agree, im a chevy guy. But the dodge is a nice truck and it was a great price. Atleast its not a ford.payup
  11. sam973

sam973 Member

Great looking combo there! My 2 cents on the front end (coming from a Dodge guy) is to look into the springs in the front end before going to timbrens. If I remember correctly the sport package in that generation of Dodge trucks couldn't be ordered with the plow prep package. Either way there may be heavier springs available through your dealers parts department (for example the springs that would have come on the cab and chassis 3500s back then). You can figure out what springs you have by checking the tag on them. If its not there you can have the dealer check by the vin. If there are heavier springs available I would go that route first. Might cost a little more but the ride will be better loaded and unloaded. For the current Dodge trucks the heaviest springs are part # 989 and 988 I think(left and right).
  12. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

ok, i want want one... :D
  13. Ground Control

Ground Control Member

Hey, thanks for the info. Today I was driving around and when i went over speed bumps the front suspension would actually bottom out if i didnt just inch over them. I will definitely look into heavier duty springs. Any idea what it would cost? Does anybody else have any input about the front suspension? Thanks I'll get some better pictures today so you can see how far down it goes with the plow raised.
  14. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking! What did it set you back if you don't mind saying?
  15. Ground Control

Ground Control Member

The plow with smartlocks was $5915 installed. I just took a few more pictures. The truck only goes down a little over an inch when I raise the plow....but about 21/2 inches lower than with the plow completely off...:dizzy: But, as you can see in the pictures when its in vee the middle of the plow stays about an inch off the ground and when its in scoop the sides are both about an inch off the ground....so im thinking if i get heavier duty springs this will solve this problem? The plow is at the lowest point in the undercarriage but it cant go any higher because it will hit the bumper. (Sport bumper) What do you guys think?

16. Ground Control

Ground Control Member

17. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Sweet setup. Nice reg cab dodge too!!
  18. TEX

TEX Senior Member

very nice dodge

sorry i cant help with the gap prob
  19. loyboy

loyboy Member
    from KCMO

You want the A frame of the plow level w/ the ground. Simply raise the plow mount up. It should have several holes for adj. Good luck!payup
  20. cattrader

cattrader Member
    from pa

NICE!!!!! LOOKS GOOD!!!!