1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just bought my first plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bryanR, Sep 8, 2010.

1. bryanR

bryanR Member

well i bought my first plow last night. my current truck has all the wirings and mounts for a minute mount so i deicided to buy a plow finally. picked up a fisher minute mount 1 on ebay for 700 bucks. little rotted in one spot but nothing you can replace. but heres my problem. went to try and push my lift arm down and it wouldnt budge. i got it to move after using some leverage buti kinda figure it should be nice and easy to move. anyone run it this problem? plow has been sitting for awhile but moves fine goes up and down fine and left and right nice and easy just i cant push the head gear down to dismount it.

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Fluid Film the crap outta it

3. bryanR

bryanR Member

? fluid film?

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

My Fisher MM1 does the same thing. Have some one push the down button on the controller then push it down (just to get it down). I had a new piston installed last year and it still does it. I think they tighten the nut on top too much. Its going back next week.

5. bryanR

bryanR Member

yea i have to have someone push down on the stick and then i push the chains down with my foot to get it to go down enough. it might just need to be worked alot since its been sitting for atleast a year i bet

6. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

7. bryanR

bryanR Member

so this shouldnt be easy to push down? i can get it to go down by pushing on the chains not easy but it goes down enough to pull it off

8. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

takes 2000+ psi to lift it.wesport

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Fluid Film is the best lubricant on the market.
    Read the FF rorum and request a free sample from Dano.

10. bryanR

bryanR Member

hooked the plow up again today just to see how it is after a quick fluid change.... i can now push it down much easier then before. but im defintley going to look into fluid film from what ive read it can basically be put on tons of stuff. gonna coat the hole plow in it after i reapaint it