1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just bought an HTS!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by GregB, Dec 13, 2009.

1. GregB

GregB Junior Member

Just put a brand new Western HTS on a 2008 Tundra. The truck seems to handle the plow very well, not much front sag. Far less sag than my GMC2500HD with an 8.5 MVP.

The plow looks very well built for its weight. Far better than the Suburbanite.

Haven't had a chance to use it yet, it hasn't stopped raining here. Any one else try one?

2. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

yep i got one, got to plow with it for 3 straight days, its a good tough little plow, im impressed, you just have to watch how high you stack the snow tho.

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

we can't keep them in stock.

4. HotRod55

HotRod55 Junior Member

love mine, but today i noticed the pump is starting to make a funny noise just before it is all the way up. I cant describe the noise but the closest thing i can compare it to is the pump sounds like its low on fluid. But if it was wouldnt it make the noise all the time?

5. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Hey hotrod no the more you raise the plow the more fluid is sucked out of the reservoir so less fluid around the pump

6. gixxer27

gixxer27 Junior Member

I put this on my F-150 supercrew last week. we got hammered with 17in. and i did anything from driveways to small lots without the least problems. i had to break into one lot with the entrance snow as high as the headlights.

7. QKSnowRemoval

i agree they are looking to be a great plow for the money

8. billzrx7

billzrx7 Member
    from Chicago

zero complaints on my 01 silverado 1500 ext cab. the dealer that installed mine had the lights set a little low so i had to raise them.

On yours thats making noise the plow is new enough you should be able to take it in and have whoever installed it check it out (unless you did it yourself)

9. Notoriousve

Notoriousve Junior Member

Scrape Lock Feature

Hi guys, hows the scrape lock feature working? Just curious, I need a plow that can back drag.

10. GregB

GregB Junior Member

Still haven't had a chance to use mine... and I'm in Canada!! We've barely had a half inch so far.

11. gixxer27

gixxer27 Junior Member

The backdrag seems to work good, the first storm we had 17" of heavy stuff, which you could only take a small chunk at a time. then we had 4" of fluff and i could drag a two length driveway.

12. Turkey

Turkey Member

Have any pics? Considering the exact same setup.

13. QKSnowRemoval

here is a pic of an hts on my 98 dodge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How much did everyone pay for theirs, i got my hts for 3700

14. LETitSNOW1115

LETitSNOW1115 Junior Member

Hey QK, the HTS looks great on a Dodge dosen't it?? I just bought one and had it installed on my 04 Dodge Ram 1500, only plowed with it once so far as we have not got much snow up here in Canada (go figure). So far no complaints what so ever. Everyone that has an HTS, any advice on standard checkpoints that should be checked before each plow?? (besides the obvious of course) Any imput is appreciated, thanks guys!!!!

15. QKSnowRemoval

well i guess just the usual, check hoses and electrics. And make sure u have enough fluid too. But also watch how high you stack the snow, u dont want to have the plow all the way up and be in a pile cuz it leaks fluid like a u know what, and also might blow the fill cap out of the fluid tank so watch it. thats all i have to say

16. LETitSNOW1115

LETitSNOW1115 Junior Member

Thanks for the imput QK...in response to a previous thread of yours, I paid a bit over 5 grand for mine. That was installed, with the snow deflector, an extra cutting edge and a back drag edge as well. It looks great on the truck...now if I can only get some snow so I can get some more use out of it i'll be laughin!!!!

17. HotRod55

HotRod55 Junior Member

I would love to take it to them and have them check it out but the closest dealer to me is 100 miles away.

18. QKSnowRemoval

yeah well mine was 4200 out the door with tax snow flap and back drag edge, And i installed it my self with the help of a buddy. but i know what u mean,i hope we get alot of snow this week like they are talking. but no prob just wanted to let u know, cuz thats what happened to mine.

19. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

Guys, I have heard this fluid leak about the new HTS plow when stacking and it has me a little concerned about getting one. I have buying one on the plan for next winter, but this somewhat concerns me. Do all plows do this when you stack snow, or is it just a problem with the HTS? Also, cause I am new and don't know a whole lot about plows yet, why would this leak only when you are stacking?

Jeremy

20. QKSnowRemoval

it leaks due to it being a direct lift cylinder plow, and when u have the cylinder compressed the fluid has to where to go but out the vent cap. With westerns other plows i.e. chain lift u can stack as high as you want, with the HTS u car just limited on how high. And i dont know if western will address this problem or not.