1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just bought an arctic

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by grsp, Feb 7, 2009.

1. grsp

grsp Member
    from indiana

i just ordered a 10' ld for my jd 244j loaader. the machine is roughly 12000#'s. wondering if i should have went with the 12 footer. anyone know how much more the 12 footer is?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

dude your going to love it .............now will it snow???????

snow 08 018 (Medium).jpg

3. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

What!

Did they help you pick out you Artic size for your 244 or did you just quess, I have been calling and emailing them to purchase 2 of these units and they do a piss poor job of returning calls or emails, how did you get yours did you have to wait forever like I have too. On the sizes I'M looking at are a 10' for a LX885 New Holland and a 12' or 14' for a Komatsu WA-70 wheel loader does this sound right or not.

4. grsp

grsp Member
    from indiana

man that sucks. i had an incredible experience with the whole purchase experience. called direct, and talked to linda, placed an order, and had it 1 week later. i even dealt with their tech department, and faxed them a template for the jd 244j hook and pin system. jeff was an incredible help. as far as the sizes, that sounds about right. what does that wheel loader weigh? i went with the 10 footer because it works mainly in lots of tight runs on apartment complexes. just a quick note, the season is almost over. i am going to buy 2 more and they said to wait for the sima show in july and save big bucks.

5. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

hey, thanks for the heads up on the pricing my wheel loader weighs approx. 14,000 lbs, what kind os price did you give for the 10' nad what number did you call for your purchase

6. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Wow

Hey dude, do you like your artic what size of machine and pusher do you have in the pic

7. snowmanager

snowmanager Junior Member

buyer beware on the artic pushers...They work better then any other pusher out there...but there are different veriables that come into play with them to be completely useful...such as the operator first. If you have a knuckle head operating your equiptment or rough parking lot save your money, because you will be repairing the regularly. The concept works great, but operators are everything. To much down pressure, or running into curbs and parking blocks kills these pushers....NOW I know...operator AGAIN is the key..but not everyone hires REAL operators...There are 4 rubber blocks per section that hold the floating section on the pushing frame that ripn and tear, in my opinion, too easily. And at $125 a piece to replace it can get costly...and lets not forget the downtime...or the stress of getting them repaired before the next snow...etc...Those were always my biggest hurdle to repair, because if your using a pusher, chances are they are responsible for moving a lot of snow...and when you own 20 + units its demanding to get them back up and going...but once again...OPERATORS are the key, I cant stress it enough.