1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just bought an '86 C-30 Rack..

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JML, Aug 28, 2003.

1. JML

JML PlowSite.com Veteran

I Just bought an '86 C-30 Rack Body truck... I practically stole the thing.. I just ordered a new spreader, so I am gonna put my old one in for extra weight.. It is a 2wd, standard trans. truck. I was just wondering what size Western blade you guys think I could get away with? Thanks

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

It's a dually right ?

If so then you'll want a 9ft blade.You will need lots of weight in the back to be able to push with the 2WD.

3. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

If its a dually than go with a 9ft blade. Make sure you add plenty of weight to it. If its single rear wheel than get a 8ft bladepumpkin:

4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

If it's a C-30, it's a dually. Gm didn't make 1 ton SRW trucks.

~Chuck

5. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

9 ft blade and a heap load of weight

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

I don't think you could get a regular cab C-30 SRW,but you could get a 3+3,or crew cab in SRW.

7. JML

JML PlowSite.com Veteran

Nope shes a dually.... Is it worth even putting a plow on? Thanks

8. wyldman

wyldman Member

The dually,with good tires,and lots of weight will do OK.Be careful,and stay out of spots where you will get stuck.Best suited to open flat lots.

9. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

A 2wd truck will never plow as good as a 4x4. Make sure you have plenty of weight in the back and a good pair of snow tires. Open lots and flat driveways is what the truck will plow best. pumpkin:

10. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

One word will work ...........CHAINS LOL:D