1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just bought an 09 f250, what should look to maintain?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by RonWin, Nov 25, 2011.

1. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

Hey guys, I just bought an 09 f250 with 12,000 miles on it. Was wondering what i should look out for and make sure to upkeep on it. I will be using it to plow this winter. I am only the 2nd owner of these vehicle and everything on it seems fine and it runs great. I wanted to know what, if anything, i must have to do or suggestions to do in order to maintain this beast running perfect besides the obvious oil changes.

2. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

Every other mouth put some FF on the bottom inside part of the door to keep it from rusting. other than that there is not much to do the truck sounds like its new. Lets see some pictures!

3. GQLM

GQLM Junior Member
    from VA

make sure to check and drain your water fuel separate once a month

4. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

I have never heard of having to do this nor have a ever done this. The only time you should have to drain it is when the "water in fuel" light comes on or you are changing you fuel filter.

5. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Well that all depends...

What motor?