1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just bought a OBS 1996 F-250!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by exmark1, Dec 13, 2011.

1. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Today I picked up a 1996 F-250 Extended Cab, Long Bed, 7.3 Diesel, 5 Speed, 4x4 158000 Miles on it and it runs & drives great! Minor typical ford rust on it and a cracked windshield, and the twin I beam leaning front tires on it that I have to address. Interior is in perfect condition

I love these old trucks! I am really thinking on getting it in and fixing the rust and painting it red to match our fleet of work trucks!

I will take pictures of it tomarrow!

2. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Looking forward to the pics. Nice find (other than that turning radius)!

3. exmark1

That was my first thought too... I don't plan to plow with it ever, I stumbled across it and have always wanted a Diesel with a manual transmission. It was an older guy who had it, it needs a few things but most of the truck is rust free yet. The normal rust is just started on the box & one front fender, the cab rockers and corners are perfect yet but somehow the front and rear bumper are rusted out on it

4. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

the truck is junk you shouldnt have bought it. sell it to me so you dont have to suffer anymore

5. exmark1

lol I would sell it, everything has a price on it if someone wanted to buy it

6. randomb0b123

from america

we will see after you post pics!!!

7. randomb0b123

from america

the best way to address the twin i beam is start looking on craigslist or junkyards and get a real front axle

8. exmark1

It's not too bad at all until you back up then they tip in a bit, I was leaning toward straight axle conversion and some bigger tires and different rims. It only has the steel rims and 2 of the plastic hub caps are missing from it. I got pictures today just have to upload them

9. randomb0b123

from america

dont worry about it just sell it to me then you wont have to fix it or worry about rims tires and axles and all those other headaches that will make you lose sleep. sell it to me

10. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

For a dodge guy you really like other brand diesel.

11. randomb0b123

from america

ya but im very picky haha. i absolutley hate any ford truck made after 99 i think those are all ugly as can be. i love 67-72 fords 78-79s and 94-97 powestrokes. i know powerstrokes dont sound as good arent quite as good of a motor as a cummins, cost more to own and maintain, and i still want one!!

12. exmark1

Here are the pictures of the truck!

IM002378.jpg

IM002379.jpg

IM002382.jpg

IM002384.jpg

13. randomb0b123

from america

JEALOUS. whatd you get it for?

14. exmark1

$2650.00 the guy needed cash pretty bad... It needs a windshield and a few little things but overall it's a great older truck!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  15. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

looks good. sounds like a great deal. i have a 96 F350 in the same color. they are great trucks. heres a thread detailing some of the work i did on my truck - in case you are looking for some projects!

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=91106

16. randomb0b123

from america

i hate you, alot

17. exmark1

lol I was thinking on cleaning it up and selling it as I really don't need it, I bought it because I miss having a manual to drive somedays.
    Going to the junk yard to get a not bent front bumper today and a few other little things, getting the windshield done next week. May pull it in the shop and start on the minor rust since we have NO snow and nothing in the forecast so I am a bit bored

18. randomb0b123

from america

keep posted

19. weareweird69

weareweird69 Senior Member

WOW nice find for a steal of a price. Its also a rare color!

If you cant find a Dana 60, replace all the bushings up front. Pivot bushing, and leaf spring bushings mainly. Those are the ones that cause the lean the most.

20. exmark1

I wish it were red... We are thinking on fixing the rust and a red paint job to match the fleet, dana 60 front end, some after market rims bit larger tires etc... but who knows